Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML2 and VS2008 warning: LNK4098  (Read 2013 times)

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
SFML2 and VS2008 warning: LNK4098
« on: December 24, 2010, 01:37:25 pm »
Hi! Just something that has been bugging me when I link statically and I've been trying to fix it myself but can't seem to manage to do it.

It's just a simple warning and it doesn't crash anything but it bugs me that there's a warning. The warning is:
1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

I tried adding the /NODEFAULTLIB to all SFML modules but didn't help. Anyone more experienced with VS that can help me out?

And merry Christmas! :D
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

Contadotempo

• Firelink Shrine
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 07:47:57 pm »
Hi, sorry for bumping such an old topic but I have the exact same problem but with Visual Studio 2010.

I've recompiled everything, used Multi-threaded DLL when compiling SFML Release Static and I'm using the same settings on my project. Still I get the warning.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance  :)

Gibgezr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 05:42:37 pm »
I get a lot of warning LIB4099's as well, and I can't even get rid of them with the old:
#pragma warning disable 4099

Of course, I'd rather fix them than just hide them, but no clue what to do to fix them. I think in SFML 2 these are gone, btw, it's just in SFML 1.6, so it really doesn't matter.