Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sprite positioning problem with Scale() method  (Read 967 times)

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
Sprite positioning problem with Scale() method
« on: April 08, 2011, 08:43:02 pm »
Hi everyone,
Well, I started SFML some months ago now, and I use it in two different contexts, for school and for home! At my computer science university, we have SFML 1.3 installed(on Debian), and  at home I use version 1.6(on Ubuntu 10.10). Here is the problem I'm facing, I'll take a simple example I tested :
Under SFML 1.6 : I create an image that I attribute to a sprite set at (0, 0) position, then I scale it at (20, 1). From there, the sprite is totally away of where he should be, he's not at (0, 0) anymore, the move is proportional to the scaling or even exponential(couldn't figure it out). And, I think that is evident, no scaling doesn't move it at all. I disabled smoothing on Image, so it can't come from artifacts, and this happens wherever I decide to put the sprite  :|
Under SFML 1.3 : No problem, the scaling is done, the sprite is at the right place on screen  :shock:

I'd really like to be able to get through this because I plan to use it to make sizeable slide bars(center image is scaled whereas side buttons are not).

I'm looking forward to your answer.
If you need a sample code, ask me, and I'll post it.

A nice day to everyone ;)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:54:43 pm »
It's a bug in SFML 1.6. Use 1.5 if you want to get rid of it.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

DevilBlackDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:05 pm »
Ok :P Well I'll get back to 1.5 until 2.0 comes out :) Do you already know from what comes this bug? Could you explain if you know? :) Don't be afraid to get into technical details!

Oh, and another question, to get to back to 1.5 do I just install SFMl 1.5 or do I have to delete 1.6 library files(and which are these files)?

Thank you :)

Edit : Well, I installed 2.0 and that just works great for me! Just a bit of recoding(String to Text and that kind of stuff), but this is small job. Thanks for your help, I could have tried to find something that was actually a bug. You really do a great job with SFML, really a wonderful library