Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML Installation issue  (Read 2652 times)

DinoEntrails

• View Profile
SFML Installation issue
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:46:38 am »
So I instaled SFML(to the best of my ability) and the Window example runs, but slows down my computer dramatically and throws errors like this:

'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Name\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\SFML Setup\Debug\sfml-system.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4974_none_50940634bcb759cb\msvcp90.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.4974_none_50940634bcb759cb\msvcr90.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\nvoglv32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xfd0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\clbcatq.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dinput.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'SFML Setup.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\hid.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file

I think this is a problem with the fact that I am running it on a 64 bit system. What steps do I need to take to get everything working and running correctly?

JAssange

• View Profile
SFML Installation issue
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 03:30:02 am »
Not finding PDB files for closed-source system libraries is normal. If you want debug information for them you can turn it on in debug options (in Visual Studio) by setting it to download them from the Microsoft Symbol Servers but it's not neccesary unless you need function names of driver/OpenGl implementation/Windows System libraries in your call traces.
As for your speed issue, specs and sfml version?

DinoEntrails

• View Profile
SFML Installation issue
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:08:46 am »
Could the problem be because I was building in debug mode, but using the regular .lib files? I have corrected that problem, and now have a new one:

The program '[1620] SFML Setup.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

In case it matters, I am running 64 bit windows 7 ultimate with 6 gb of ram. Using SFML 1.6.

Thanks for your time!

Contadotempo

• Firelink Shrine
    • View Profile
SFML Installation issue
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:37:21 am »
Are you mixing C++ CLI (CLR Project) with native C++ by any chance? Make sure you use the .NET libraries if so or just use native C++.

DinoEntrails

• View Profile
SFML Installation issue
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 02:38:10 am »
I don't know what that is, so no?

I am sure that everything is working correctly now, but for some reason, when I run the code, my compter slows to a crawl(20% +) CPU usage, and my physical machine makes a high pitched noise. Interestingly, it only makes this noise when the window is in the foreground(when I cover it up, noise stops). The actual window appears to be unresponsive, but I can close the cmd and it closes the whole thing.

anything