Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New to SFML (1.6) - Help compiling with other packages  (Read 1355 times)

HelixFC3S

• View Profile
New to SFML (1.6) - Help compiling with other packages
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:36:33 am »
Hey, I am just trying to get acclimated to SFML with Visual Studio 2010. I managed to install everything correctly despite the tutorial being subjected for the 2008 version.

I ran the "first SFML program" on the tutorial to test it (the one with the sf::clock) and everything compiled and executed properly.

I went down to the first Windows package tutorial, and I wanted to see how it works.

I copied the source code that was on the first tutorial, "Opening a window."

Code: [Select]

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Headers
#include <SFML/Window.hpp>

/// Entry point of application
///
/// \return Application exit code
///
int main()
{
    // Create the main window
    sf::Window App(sf::VideoMode(800, 600, 32), "SFML Window");

// Start main loop
    bool Running = true;
    while (Running)
    {
        App.Display();
    }

return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

Assuming I installed SFML correctly, this should work, correct? Well, when I compiled it, Visual Studio generated these errors:

Code: [Select]

1>------ Build started: Project: sfml-test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Creating "Debug\sfml-test.unsuccessfulbuild" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
1>ClCompile:
1>  main.cpp
1>ManifestResourceCompile:
1>  All outputs are up-to-date.
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall sf::Window::~Window(void)" (??1Window@sf@@UAE@XZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall sf::Window::Display(void)" (?Display@Window@sf@@QAEXXZ)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall sf::Window::Window(class sf::VideoMode,class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const &,unsigned long,struct sf::WindowSettings const &)" (??0Window@sf@@QAE@VVideoMode@1@ABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@KABUWindowSettings@1@@Z)
1>main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall sf::VideoMode::VideoMode(unsigned int,unsigned int,unsigned int)" (??0VideoMode@sf@@QAE@III@Z)
1>D:\Random Projects\sfml-test\Debug\sfml-test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:45.46
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

It seems like only the Systems packages work but anything involving the other packages do not. Am I simply misunderstanding something or doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

OniLinkPlus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 10:42:59 pm »
Did you link to the window library?
I use the latest build of SFML2

HelixFC3S

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 02:06:47 am »
I linked the library directory, which is "D:\Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate\SFML\lib\vc2010" for me. The folder has sfml-window.dll, sfml-window-d.dll, sfml-window-d.ilk, and sfml-window-s-d.lib. So, is that the window library you are talking about?

Edit: Nevermind. I guess you were talking about in the Linker > Input configuration. I added all of this: "sfml-system-s-d.lib;sfml-window-s-d.lib;sfml-network-s-d.lib;sfml-graphics-s-d.lib;sfml-main-d.lib;sfml-audio-s-d.lib;" I only had the system library file, so now it works as intended. Thanks.

anything