Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Tile map with collision?  (Read 4185 times)

Damian

• View Profile
Tile map with collision?
« on: September 02, 2011, 12:38:06 pm »
Hello. I have question that comes with title ;d I know how to make a tilemap but how to detect collision with sprites of Tilemap. ? And i know how to detect normal collision but how to do it with tile map ?:(

Please help

And i dont want ready code. Just explanation.

thePyro_13

• View Profile
Tile map with collision?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 03:18:46 pm »
What I'm doing is creating a tile class which holds a sprite, a rect and a collision bool.

Keep a rect with each of your entity classes as well, and you can easily do a rect intersect to see if you're colliding. And ignore collisions if the tile is non-collide.

If you keep a map of vector positions for your tiles, and let your entities keep track of which tile they're in, then you only need to check the adjacent tiles.

Haikarainen

Tile map with collision?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 05:05:18 pm »
What kinda game are you doing? Want it pixelperfect?

I have;
On the player; A rectangle a little bit smaller than the sprite, wich i check for collisions.

On each tile; First check if the playerrectangle intersects with the tiles rect(width and height), if so; Get an intersected rect of them both(sf::Rect::Intersects() returns this i think), and iterate the pixels inside of that, if a nontransparent tilepixel intersects with the playerrectangle; Its a collision! For iterating the pixels, im currently using the old sf::Image::GetPixel, but soon after porting to sfml2, i will generate a collisionmap of bools instead to check for collisions with.

anything