Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: RenderWindow object crashes during Graphics Tutorial.  (Read 7349 times)

Tobiski

• View Profile
RenderWindow object crashes during Graphics Tutorial.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »
I tried but I couldn't get it installed, I just don't know what to do

Now that you've chosen the build directory, there's one more thing to do before you can run CMake. When CMake configures your project, it tests the availability of the compiler (and checks its version as well). As a consequence, the compiler executable must be available when CMake is run. This is not a problem for Linux and Mac OS X users, since the compilers are installed in a standard path and are always globally available, but on Windows you may have to add the directory of your compiler in the PATH environment variable, so that CMake can find it automatically. This is especially important when you have several compilers installed, or multiple versions of the same compiler.

On Windows, if you want to use gcc (MinGW), you can temporarily add the MinGW\bin directory to the PATH and then run cmake from the command shell:

> set PATH=%PATH%;your_mingw_folder\bin
> cmake

With Visual C++, you can either run CMake from the "Visual Studio command prompt" available from the start menu, or call the vcvars32.bat file of your Visual Studio installation; it will setup the environment variables properly.

> your_visual_studio_folder\VC\bin\vcvars32.bat
> cmake

I don't understand what I'm supposed to do in this part

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
RenderWindow object crashes during Graphics Tutorial.
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 08:47:19 pm »
Open a console, and type the given commands. Replace "cmake" with "cmake-gui" if you want to use the GUI version of CMake.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer