Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Library compatibility with boost multi array?  (Read 1280 times)

Bones

• View Profile
Library compatibility with boost multi array?
« on: November 18, 2011, 02:50:36 am »
Hello there.  I've recently added boost multi arrays to my project but there is a problem.  Boost multi array apparently has some sort of problem iterating in VS10 so resizing them isn't working.  After some googling, I have found that adding "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0" to the preprocessor definitions.  This seemed to fix that error but then I get an "unhandled exception*blahblahmemorylocations* at msvcr100d.dll" at an earlier spot that only happens when I try to declare things from the SFML library.
EDIT:I can create a texture however when I try to do
Code: [Select]
if (!currentTexture.LoadFromFile("blah.jpg"))
then I get a runtime error and it opens fopen.c and apparently it stopped at  
if(*file==_T('\0'))
        {
            errno=EINVAL;
            return NULL;
        }

I know that changing the _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 can affect libraries that set it to something else so I have two questions:

1.Does setting "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0" in the preprocessor definitions affect SFML?

2.If so, how do I get the boost multi array library to work when adding _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 breaks SFML and vice versa?

Also, apparently changing to release mode can fix boost multi array but I get a fatal error and it takes me to base.hpp and on line 136 it says
BOOST_ASSERT(size_type(idx - index_bases[0]) < extents[0]);

Also note that I realize this is a problem with boost multi array and not SFML.  Thanks.

EDIT: I can also post the source code if needed but it's not organized wonderfully right now :)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Library compatibility with boost multi array?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:45:41 am »
1.Does setting "_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0" in the preprocessor definitions affect SFML?

Probably.

2.If so, how do I get the boost multi array library to work when adding _ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 breaks SFML and vice versa?

I suppose that recompiling SFML with the same option would solve the problem. Otherwise, you'd better talk to boost people, since the initial problem is there.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything