Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help with Installing SFML 2.0  (Read 1474 times)

newbieg

• View Profile
Help with Installing SFML 2.0
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:37:58 am »
So I have most of the install done for SFML 2.0 in Visual Basic C++, there's just one line in the tutorial that I don't understand;
Now compile the project, and if you linked to the dynamic version of SFML, don't forget to copy the SFML DLLs (they are in <sfml-install-path/bin>) to the directory where your compiled executable is. Then run it

So I did link to the dynamic instead of the static Libraries, so where do I copy and paste the DLL's? Do I put them with my main files, or in the debugger file?
 I'm nowhere near turning this program into a  .exe executable yet, so do I put the DLL's in a different spot if I'm building and debugging?

newbieg

• View Profile
Re: Help with Installing SFML 2.0
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 10:42:47 am »
Heh, well, I copied and pasted to every file that could possibly make sense, so it works, WOOHOO!
I'd still like an answer to this question so I could get rid of all the extra copies where they aren't needed.
Thank you.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Help with Installing SFML 2.0
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 10:44:22 am »
I don't understand your problem, what's unclear in "the directory where your compiled executable is"?

Visual Basic C++
Stop with that, it's either Visual Basic or Visual C++; and in your case it's Visual C++ :P
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

anything