Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML2 - Compile XCode template - link error  (Read 2153 times)

Dragnalith

• View Profile
SFML2 - Compile XCode template - link error
« on: July 12, 2012, 08:12:13 am »
I have just install SFML2 RC on my Mac with the wizard. I run Xcode and choose the SFML template. Then I try to compile it but I have a
ld: library not found for -lsfml-system-d
link error.

I have check /usr/local/lib and /Library/Framework and there no .a file just the .dylib. I guess that's why Xcode can't link.
It's the first time I develop with with Mac, but it's not weird not to have .a file for linking?

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SFML2 - Compile XCode template - link error
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 03:46:27 pm »
I have just install SFML2 RC on my Mac with the wizard. I run Xcode and choose the SFML template. Then I try to compile it but I have a
ld: library not found for -lsfml-system-d
link error.
See this previous question.

I have check /usr/local/lib and /Library/Framework and there no .a file just the .dylib. I guess that's why Xcode can't link.
It's the first time I develop with with Mac, but it's not weird not to have .a file for linking?
Mac OS X, and more generally all Unix OSes, don't work the same way as Windows does. You can find links in this tutorial leading to more explanation. Or google «what is a dylib file». Do the same for «framework».
SFML / OS X developer

Dragnalith

• View Profile
Re: SFML2 - Compile XCode template - link error
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 10:14:28 pm »
Thank you. I guess it was a bad idea to download the RC. Let's get back to git checkout and CMake.