Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Warning libGLEW.so.1.5 needed.....  (Read 2237 times)

joemoe

• View Profile
Warning libGLEW.so.1.5 needed.....
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:28:44 am »
Hi there,

I am getting this error when I am building the first tutorials code in CodeBlocks.

warning: libGLEW.so.1.5, needed by /usr/local/SFML-2.1/lib/libsfml-graphics.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)|

There is also a bunch of undefined reference errors coming from the libsfml-graphics.so file that all seem to be related to the GLEW library.

My OS is Fedora 19 64 bit. I have also ran the command

sudo yum install libGLEW

and it seems that I am up to date. Weird thing is, I have version 1.9 and SFML needs 1.5. Is this correct? At least I think I have version 1.9. When I yum install it says this as the version 1.9.0-3.fc19.

Can SFML run on the latest version of libGLEW? Or am I just missing something? I am probably just missing something.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Warning libGLEW.so.1.5 needed.....
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:40:15 am »
You must install GLEW 1.5, or recompile SFML so that it will use your GLEW 1.9.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

joemoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 12:18:07 pm »
Ok so I tried compiling, I didn't do this the first time, and I am getting errors. The libGLEW library looked like it compiled fine though but I am getting this

missing: JPEG_LIBRARY

It says that the jpeg library and the jpeg include dir were not found.

I am assuming I am missing some package to install on my system but I don't know which one to look for. All of the tutorials I have seen are for ubuntu apt-get and some of those packages don't exist when using yum to install them.

Or am I just not using the cmake-gui properly?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 12:21:40 pm »
You must install the development package of libjpeg (libjpeg-dev or libjpeg-devel).
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

joemoe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 12:54:14 pm »
Hi Laurent,

thanks for the help. I figured out the Jpeg issue. It was pretty much what you had wrote.

I managed to figure out all the dependencies by running

sudo yum deplist sfml

This helped me out quite a bit. Compiling worked. Now I have to set it up in codeblocks again. Will be back shortly if I have it figured out.

joemoe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 01:28:58 pm »
Everything is working fine so far in CodeBlocks. Thanks again.

Just to go through the steps in case someone else lands on this page. Here is how I had to install SFML and get it working with CodeBlocks.

Download the src from the main download page:
http://www.sfml-dev.org/download.php

make sure you have all dependencies installed. Best way to check on Fedora is by running the following command in terminal
sudo yum deplist sfml
Just yum install the provider name in the list
You will also need to install cmake. You can install cmake-gui. I found it helpful to use.

Alternatively if you are on Ubuntu, to list all the dependencies,  you can run:
apt-get build-dep libsfml

Unzip that SFML-master file you just downloaded in step 1. Create a directory called sfml-build or whatever name you wish to call it. I used the cmake-gui as I found it a little easy for me to use. So in Terminal run this:
cmake-gui

When the cmake window pops up you will have to pick two destinations to work with.
  • Where is the source code? This is the SFML-master folder that was unzipped earlier
  • Where to build the binaries? This is the sfml-build directory you had created earlier

Click on the configure button and pick your IDE. For me it was CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles

Click on the generate button to run the process.

If you see any red errors make sure you have all the dependencies installed. The errors will give you hints to which ones you missed as I missed a few.

Once it has completed jump into the terminal again and cd into the sfml-build director and run these commands:

make
sudo make install

Setting up SFML in CodeBlocks

You can basically follow the guide on the SFML website at this point here:
http://sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/start-cb.php

I hope that helps anyone else that may have the same issues as me and thanks again LaurenT for the quick responses.