Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Question about output  (Read 5229 times)

FlatlanD

• View Profile
Re: Question about output
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 09:08:27 pm »
To me it seems you are a bit big headed, if person have a question that means he has a lack of knowledge? Then I don't from which planet you are, asking a question is not always when you don't know something, if you think like that I guess your thoughts a really narrow. That's not some kind of an angry insult, no that's not, I'm glad that you answered, I will try to use that when I have a free time, but just it's an advice from me, don't act so big headed and omniscient. Have a good day.

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 09:48:37 pm »
if person have a question that means he has a lack of knowledge?
Unless it is a rhetorical question, yes that is the general implication, else there would be no purpose asking a question in the first place don't you think? If you didn't lack any knowledge, why wouldn't you be able to solve the problem on your own? That being said, some knowledge that you indeed lack is the knowledge that can be acquired by reading the SFML documentation. Every feature that SFML provides is listed there, so asking us what SFML is capable of (if this is what you are even asking) just shows that you didn't bother reading it before posting here.

Also, judging by your questions, eXpl0it3r assumed that your C++ knowledge is also... lacking... I would also assume the same. As a programmer the first thing you learn is that the most important part of development is modelling what it is you are trying to do in terms of the target programming language. You seem to fail at this already. If you can't break big problems down into smaller more manageable pieces then you should take a step back and start with that first. Without that ability, you will not be able to code anything without starting a thread like this for everything you are trying to do.

Software development is like building a house. You plan out how to build it and get all the bits and pieces you need to do it. Putting it together is part of building it and if you don't know how to lay bricks you don't need to ask the brickmakers how they would go about building a house because they wouldn't be able to tell you would they? SFML provides the bricks, C++ the cement, you are the architect and really shouldn't ask anyone else how to build what you want.

Until now, you haven't provided any code, the only picture was made by someone else and it's not like your initial description of your problem has anything specific to do with SFML. This question could be asked on any other forum completely unrelated to SFML and you would probably get the same kinds of replies.

We can only provide constructive criticism here, and we try our best to make the most out of what is provided. You haven't provided much to work with, so the only thing we can say has been said. If you don't want to acknowledge the feedback provided here then you can pay someone to get things done for you because that is the only option that is left.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

Aster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 09:52:27 pm »
How polite of you, calling someone "big headed" for suggesting you might have a lack of knowledge in the field.
You obviously aren't fluent in a modern programming language, or else you would be aware of the existence of lists or vectors. That's okay, though. We're all here to help, or be helped.

If you want actual realtime input (and skip the event queue stuff), you could create a thread that waits for a new event, and then calls a specified callback function to do stuff with it.

Another method is using a message bus. Tank wrote a wonderful article on the topic.

If this stuff seems a bit complicated, fear not, we all started head first in the big world of programming. You might want to take a look at the tutorials, or if you aren't familiar with C++, you can start with this website.

Hapax

• My number of posts is shown in hexadecimal.
    • View Profile
    • Links
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 08:24:11 pm »
I'm asking how to make a real-time input output
I know how to input and output
Is there any wonder that people don't understand what you're asking? Even your subject is "about output" but, as you said, you know how to do that.
Which part, from input (receiving key presses) to output (displaying the results) through processing (deciding what the results are after based on key presses), are you having a problem with?
If it's storing the numbers, you can use a std::vector as eXpl0it3r already mentioned.
If it's storing text objects, you can use a std::vector as eXpl0it3r already mentioned.
Selba Ward -SFML drawables
Cheese Map -Drawable Layered Tile Map
Kairos -Timing Library
Grambol
 *Hapaxia Links*