Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help with dll issue  (Read 821 times)

to-to-ro

• View Profile
Help with dll issue
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:37:55 pm »
Hi, I'm having an issue with debugging my game. First off, I'm running Windows 8 64-bit using VS 2013 C++.

I set up my project exactly like the tutorial and put the SFML dlls in the same folder as my project exe and everything works fine. Then when I try to import a texture using loadFromFile, I get a weird error that makes my console go haywire. Lucky for me, I remember in my last project that this happened because I was using the release libs in debug mode and when I into release mode, everything worked fine (though I'm unsure if I should've been working in release mode or not). So for the new project I'm trying to work exclusivley in debug mode (with the debug lib) and now I'm getting the missing MSVCP110D.dll error and I have no idea why.

Going back and running my old project works fine but running this new one doesn't. Its worth noting I don't get ANY errors if I use the release libs and don't load the texture.

I know I've downloaded the correct SFML files because like I said, my old project works. I've tried searching for a similar problem but can't find one. Any help as to why this error is occurring would be helpful. Thanks in advanced.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:46:26 pm by to-to-ro »

Geheim

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Help with dll issue
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:48:27 pm »
Maybe this will help you. It looks like the exact same issue.
Failing to succeed does not mean failing to progress!