Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Failed to compile SFML on my raspberry pi.  (Read 10393 times)

Lolilolight

• View Profile
Re: Failed to compile SFML on my raspberry pi.
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 08:25:55 am »
Ha ok this code isn't still added in the file, ok ok, sorry.

Lolilolight

• View Profile
Which librairies to link ?
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 09:15:13 am »
I've a last question, which librariries should I link to the project, I linked linkGLESv2 and linkEGL but I've undefinied references errors to glPopClientAttrib, glPopAttrib, glClearDepth, etc...

Lolilolight

• View Profile
Re: Failed to compile an SFML project on raspbian.
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 03:34:47 pm »
It definitively don't compile, I linked the libraries like in these following link and tried to compile a simple SFML project :
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=59372 with the SFML librairies of course, but these undefinied reference error still remains :

Code: [Select]
undefinied reference to glBlendEquationOES in libsfml-graphics.so

« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:01:46 pm by Lolilolight »

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 04:28:05 pm »
Any chance you're mixing OpenGL and OpenGL ES in some way? Oh and btw. from what I've read, there's no hardware OpenGL (ES) in Raspberry's X11 so far (which is how SFML initializes OpenGL (ES)), so even if you get it running, performance might be bad - unless that got changed/fixed already.

Lolilolight

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 05:17:25 pm »
Hi, I don't want to display anything on the raspberry pi, I just want to compile it for my library using SFML to load graphical entities without disaplying them and transfer them through the network.

The entities are displayed by a client, and my client is under ubuntu and use glx so, it doesn't if the FPS is bad on the pi.

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 05:29:07 pm »
So server only? Then you shouldn't have any issues compiling. This is strange.

On my Raspberry Pi all I did was really just cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release . && make && sudo make install. You can't use the graphics/window module, but everything else should work. You don't have to create an OpenGL ES build on the RPI. Just compile with OpenGL (i.e. don't set anything).

Lolilolight

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 05:48:29 pm »
Yeah, my entity system of my library links the graphics module of sfml and my library compile fine with opengl, but when I'm using a project using my library, even if  I don't instanciate any glContext, it fails to run with an xrandr error. :/

It seems that there isn't any support at the moment for GLES with x11 but there is an alternative solution :

http://benosteen.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/using-opengl-es-2-0-on-the-raspberry-pi-without-x-windows/

Maybe should I use that instead...

Lolilolight

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 07:11:17 pm »
It seems that he's still looking into the libGL instead of the libGLES file so it gives me an undefined reference to glBlendEquation (Or it's GLEXT_glBlendEquation it seems and not glBlendEquation)

I've deleted all libgl files so cmake shouldn't detect opengl anymore, so, I really don't understand why...

Lolilolight

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 07:45:07 pm »
Here there are linked error :

Code: [Select]
-------------- Build: Debug in TestSFML ---------------

Linking console executable: bin/Debug/TestSFML
../../../usr/local/lib/libsfml-window.so: référence indéfinie vers « udev_device_new_from_subsystem_sysname »
../../../usr/local/lib/libsfml-window.so: référence indéfinie vers « udev_device_unref »
../../../usr/local/lib/libsfml-window.so: référence indéfinie vers « udev_device_get_sysattr_value »
../../../usr/local/lib/libsfml-window.so: référence indéfinie vers « udev_device_get_parent_with_subsystem_devtype »
../../../usr/local/lib/libsfml-window.so: référence indéfinie vers « udev_unref »
../../../usr/local/lib/libsfml-window.so: référence indéfinie vers « udev_new »
../../../usr/local/lib/libsfml-graphics.so: référence indéfinie vers « glBlendEquationOES »
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 4 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Lolilolight

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 06:07:55 pm »
Mmmm...I'm totaly unexperimented with low level source code.

I think I'll trying to understand source code of os and drivers later, when I'll have finished my actual project and when I'll have nothing more to do than that.

But it seems that there are some people here which are very experimented in this domain so why should I take care of this ?

I think I'll wait a bit more until the next stable release of SFML and performing my remote networking test later.