Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problem with TMX Parser  (Read 1101 times)

shiftry123

• View Profile
Problem with TMX Parser
« on: January 05, 2015, 09:56:35 pm »
Hello,
could someone explain me, what should I do, to correctly set up TMX Parser (this one for example https://github.com/andrewrk/tmxparser). My problem is, that I can't even compile the program given by the authors to test, because all the time, compiler is telling me that it can't find the zlib.h and tinyxml2.h. I downloaded TinyXml2 and zlib libraries, but I don't know where the header files should be put, to be linked with the program.

Ixrec

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Problem with TMX Parser
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 10:00:39 pm »
You need to learn how to use your toolchain.  If you're building from the commandline, typically you specify the "include directories" (the folders where it'll look for header files) with a flag like -I, unless they're already in the PATH.  It's often easier to simply add folders to the PATH so you don't have to remember this.  If you're building from an IDE, then the project configuration menus should have an equivalent setting where you list directories for it to look in.  The official SFML tutorials specify how to do this for the SFML headers with a variety of popular toolchains, and whatever it is you're using there should be guides on the internet for it somewhere.

anything