Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: can't get sfml to work.  (Read 1455 times)

dmi

• View Profile
can't get sfml to work.
« on: February 24, 2015, 04:38:26 pm »
I installed Code:Blocks 13.21 TDM-GCC 4.7.1 with sfml TDM SJLJ 4.7.1. Tried all the version combinations before i got to know this "version mismathces" thing.

If somebody wants to know (and with pictures) how i had set it up, look here: http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.2/start-cb.php   .  dynamically linking is used.

Green circle sample code compiles without errors or warnings but executable still does not run. At first it throwed me this error "the program can't start because libstdc++6.dll is missing from your computer". Okay this file is in minGW directory and i copied it to executable directory. This probably resolves it but a new error occurs "the procedure entry point _ZSt24__throw_out_of_range_fmtPKcz could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll"
----------------------
Update:
Uninstalled codeblocks+mingw
Downloaded code::blocks 13.12 IDE only
Downloaded and installed TDM-GCC 4.8.1 -4 compiler.   i downloaded 4.8.1 -1 sjlj installer but the "check for updated files" tick was on and 4.8.1 -4 was installed instead- any difference?
Downloaded sfml 4.8.1 sjlj

Still does not work. There is no "the procedure entry point..." error anymore but now it doesn't compile at all and gaves me "undefined reference to ..." error.

(when i downloaded compiler separately i have noticed that simple "hello world" "release target" application compiles in 10 kB instead of 300kB+).

Don't know what to do. sfml 2.2 worked on visual community edition at first try but it's too big to redownload and use.

----

In the meantime i will use visual c++ 2010 in which sfml works perfectly. With codeblocks and tdm compiler there is probably a version mismatch but i cannot compile the source myself. No Cmake errors but after "generating" there are only ~1MB of compiled infromtaion.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 12:41:34 pm by dmi »

anything