Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Visual Studio 2013 C++ Error (Total Beginner)  (Read 6005 times)

Gabum

• View Profile
Visual Studio 2013 C++ Error (Total Beginner)
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:23:22 pm »
Hello Programmers!
I'm an all-new fresh developer (Well, I know C++ and some other languages quite well, but I never actually came to program graphical.), and I would like to use SFML to program a small game.
But I got a Problem: I followed the tutorial step by step, but when I try to run the program, this error occurs:

(click to show/hide)

I really have no clue what o do with this error message. I already searched for ntdll.dll in 'C:\Windows\System32, and I found it there, so why doesn't Visual Studio find it there?

What should I say, too, is that I only typed sfml-system.lib, sfml-graphics.lib, and sfml-window.lib into the Configuration Properties -> Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies, because the stuff with the static libraries looked kind of not required to me. Is that a problem? If yes, it does not seem to cause the error!

Also, another error appears:
A black window is opened when I click the green-arrow button, but instantly an error message appears whoch says that sfml-system-2.dll could not be found. But never anything was said about this file!

Please help me!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:06:42 am by Gabum »

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
Re: Visual Studio 2013 C++ Error (Total Beginner)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 12:05:29 am »
Well, I know C++ and some other languages quite well

Don't claim stuff you obviously don't know, none of the stuff you are asking for help here is specific to SFML, but to general C++ programming.

this error occurs:
(click to show/hide)

but instantly an error message appears whoch says that sfml-system-2.dll could not be found. But never anything was said about this file!

Nothing was said? Please read the tutorials more carefully.

Now compile the project, and if you linked to the dynamic version of SFML, don't forget to copy the SFML DLLs (they are in <sfml-install-path/bin>) to the directory where your compiled executable is.
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor

Gabum

• View Profile
Re: Visual Studio 2013 C++ Error (Total Beginner)
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 12:15:48 am »
OMG! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! :) :) :)
It finally works! I really forgot to copy the .dll-files from the .bin directory into the .exe directory! What an awfullly stupid mistake! Okay, thank you so much! It works now :) :) :)