Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Trouble Installing with CodeBlocks (Ubuntu)  (Read 1401 times)

Bill_n

• View Profile
Trouble Installing with CodeBlocks (Ubuntu)
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:41:15 am »
I'm having trouble getting SFML up and running using CodeBlocks under Linux. I'm not entirely sure which tutorial I should be following (CodeBlocks of Linux), so I've done most of the things that are recommended in both.

1. Project->Build Options->Search directories->compiler contains the relative path to the include folder of the Linux version, while ->linker contains relative path to the lib folder

2. I did a "sudo make install" from the SFML-1.6 folder, which seemed successful.

After this, I tried running the test program. I got complaints about lack of definitions, which I expected  because I did not have the additional libraries linked. SO I tried to do that.

3. Project->Build Options->Linker settings -> other linker options, I added sfml-system. This is where I'm suck.
Code: [Select]

-------------- Build: Debug in RollerFuck ---------------

Linking console executable: bin/Debug/RollerFuck
g++: sfml-system: No such file or directory
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

Bill_n

• View Profile
Trouble Installing with CodeBlocks (Ubuntu)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 07:38:58 am »
OK, I added /usr/local/lib to my linker path, and now it finds the files but I'm getting the following error:

Code: [Select]
/usr/local/lib/libsfml-system.so||undefined reference to `std::ctype<char>::_M_widen_init() const@GLIBCXX_3.4.11'|
||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 0 warnings ===|

After some research, it's the same problem as this thread: http://www.sfml-dev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16938&sid=5dd7c587fe67abc9337e3e9766620590 from a few months ago.

Reinstalling with apt-get install --reinstall libstdc++6 did not work.

Is there anything else I can do?

anything