Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rotating images  (Read 1625 times)

bh3

• View Profile
Rotating images
« on: July 20, 2010, 10:32:44 pm »
Hello,

Just starting out with the library and was wondering if there is any way to rotate an the image itself in the library (or do you only support rotating sprites).

Basically, I have a simple image that acts as a base texture for a sphere, and a second image that provides a shadow. (Basically want to make a fake-3d effect)

The base texture rotates, but the shadow does not. The problem is that because it's not a perfect circle, rotating it causes the base texture's edges to not be aligned with the shadows edges at times.

So my current plan is something along the lines of (I can handle the bitmask bit):

-full 32x32 image filled with base texture => rotate => apply bitmask
-shadow either rectangle (and bitmask applied) or a circle, with a radial gradient.

Naturally, if I could just directly apply a radial gradient to a rotated Sprite, that would work well too. However, not sure how to do that either.

Thank you,
Nathaniel

EDIT:  Note, I'm just using a single image /w a centered radial shadow right now. This works. I am still interested in any solutions as this may be something I'm interested in doing later, however I've found several alternatives that will work for me in this particular program, so not urgent.

anything