Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problrem with sfml and ati radeon 9000  (Read 1848 times)

zaskar

• View Profile
Problrem with sfml and ati radeon 9000
« on: October 01, 2010, 12:12:34 am »
Hi. I'm trying to test my game in a pc with an ATI Radeon 9000 and it doesn't even start. The problem is not the game because it produces an arithmetic exception before getting to the first line in main function, and it doesn't work with other smfl game that i've downloaded already compiled (snake).

The system is Windows XP SP2. I'm compiling the game with gcc 4.4.0 against the .a files for the 1.6 sfml version for mingw, running on a Pentium 4 with 1GB ram and an ATI Radeon 9000.

If I go to desktop->right click->properties->configuration->advanced options->problem solving and totally disable hardware acceleration it works (really very very slow, obviusly).

Runing the game compiled against debug static version of the library in gdb, it says:

Code: [Select]

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x6923684a in atiPS () from C:\WINDOWS\system32\atioglxx.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x6923684a in atiPS () from C:\WINDOWS\system32\atioglxx.dll
(gdb) info threads
* 1 Thread 1568.0x3ac  0x6923684a in atiPS ()
   from C:\WINDOWS\system32\atioglxx.dll

No backtrace available, no other threads running. Any idea about how to debug this problem?

Svenstaro

• View Profile
Problrem with sfml and ati radeon 9000
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 02:15:16 am »
I wouldn't bother, frankly. ATI has probably stopped supporting your card long ago. You can try some of the free mesa drivers for your card. I am using them right now and they work extremely well. You are lucky that your card is also currently supported by Gallium3D so your performance will be fine.

However, I do not know whether this endeavor is possible to do on Windows. If you do not mind, you can always try giving Ubuntu 10.10 a whirl to test your programs.

anything