Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Missing Methods in C#  (Read 2242 times)

FreeFly

• View Profile
Missing Methods in C#
« on: February 24, 2011, 03:54:09 pm »
Greetings All,

I'm having some difficulty with VS C# 2010 Express and SFML.  I seem to be missing some methods.  After hours of searching the boards and Google I haven't yielded any results.

I've downloaded and built the latest version of SFML 2.0 from SVN.  From there I converted the VS2005 project up to 2010.  I'm able to reference the appropriate DLLs inside my project and I've made the CSFML DLLs accessible to my program.  I'm able to build and run the program without errors but as I'm digging deeper into SFML I can't seem to locate some methods.  The last one I found I was unable to call was the GetEvent() method.

Am I missing something obvious here or is this behavior not intended?  I noticed there aren't as many modules to include so perhaps I'm supposed to be using the functionality of Windows libs in place of SFML libs?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-FF

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Missing Methods in C#
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 08:53:05 pm »
Check the examples to know how the missing functions translate to .Net. Don't worry, there are only a few of them.

The network and system modules are not part of SFML.Net, the .Net framework already contains all the features they provide, in a much better way.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

FreeFly

• View Profile
Missing Methods in C#
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:18:45 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
Check the examples to know how the missing functions translate to .Net. Don't worry, there are only a few of them.

The network and system modules are not part of SFML.Net, the .Net framework already contains all the features they provide, in a much better way.

Thank you for the information.  I've checked in http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/1.6/window-events.php, the Docs, the Wiki, and I can't seem to locate the examples you are referring to above.  Any chance you could provide a link?

Thanks.

-FF

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Missing Methods in C#
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 10:16:58 pm »
They are in the "examples" directory. You should have them in the VS solution.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

FreeFly

• View Profile
Missing Methods in C#
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:48:29 pm »
Got it!  Much thanks!   :D