Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Getting started, couple questions  (Read 2354 times)

Koosmono

• View Profile
Getting started, couple questions
« on: April 30, 2011, 06:37:20 am »
Attempted to install SFML with Visual C++ 2010 and ran into some problems. Now I have a few questions.

Is the video below a good tutorial of what I'll need to do to use SFML with visual C++ 2010? The process seems a bit extensive is why I ask.

Also, do most people who use SFML run Visual Studio 08?  Should I just install Visual Studio 08 and proceed through the tutorials?

Help here would be great! I am very eager to begin!

Jove

• View Profile
    • http://www.jestofevekites.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:43:22 am »
That video worked fine for me, although it took me a couple of tries to get things working correctly.

Follow it action for action.
{much better code}

Koosmono

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 08:29:10 pm »
Thanks Jove, that's helpful to hear. I guess I just got thrown off because I got caught at the installation step in the tutorial and didn't want that step to cause me future problems. I'm going to work through that tutorial today.

Though, if anyone still wants to answer the second question I am still curious.

Thanks again!

Jove

• View Profile
    • http://www.jestofevekites.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:43:09 pm »
The process seems a bit extensive is why I ask.

Try reading through the process of getting SFML 2 together, that'll make things seem less extensive!  :lol:

My answer to your second question is, I've noticed a lot of different people using different compilers on different platforms. You should go through that process of getting it working on VS2010, if anything you will learn some stuff along the way.

When I installed it, I'd never really used a C++ compiler before so I was really very, very green.
{much better code}