Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Problems compiling  (Read 2476 times)

Amablue

• View Profile
Problems compiling
« on: June 08, 2011, 08:53:01 am »
This is probably my fault, but I don't know how I screwed this up, so any help is appreciated.

I've been doing development of my game on an Ubuntu computer, and I just decided to do an upgrade the other day. During the upgrade, a bunch of packages that were not in use were uninstalled, and I think that's where I messed up. Today, when I go to compile my game, I get this error:

Code: [Select]
make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/libX11.so', needed by `lib/libsfml-window.so.2.0.0'.  Stop.

My first thought was to open synaptic and see if anything jumped out at me, but it's telling me that libx11 and libx11-dev are indeed installed, and that was my only decent guess as to what package I might be missing.

Does anyone know what piece of this puzzle I'm missing?

Amablue

• View Profile
Problems compiling
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 06:18:56 pm »
I take it no one else has had this problem after upgrading then? I've looked around for the past few days and haven't found any solutions, or even anyone else with this problem. I don't know what I did differently that caused this to happen  :(

Svenstaro

• View Profile
Problems compiling
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 08:06:19 pm »
Rebuild sfml.

Amablue

• View Profile
Problems compiling
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 01:10:23 am »
I get the error when attempting to rebuild SFML.

Svenstaro

• View Profile
Problems compiling
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:15:12 am »
Wait, your original post states that you got this error while compiling your game, now you state that you get it by compiling SFML.

Did you rerun cmake on a clean clone?

Amablue

• View Profile
Problems compiling
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 10:13:56 pm »
d'oh, I'm a moron. You're right, doing a make clean and rebuilding SFML solves the problem.

Thanks.