Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Cant get 2.0 working [solved :3] :P  (Read 1657 times)

Waterlimon

• View Profile
Cant get 2.0 working [solved :3] :P
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:58:01 pm »
I managed to get CMake make me a solution thing. I made it debug (not release) and the 2 checkboxes were at the dynamic options. (didnt touch them)

Im using VC++ 08 express edition. How would i get the headers required in my solution? I havent used visual studio much at all... It was really easy the way 1.6 did it but now there wasnt any instructions >.<

I tried opening the sfml solution and building the build all thing. also tried the install thing and a few others (and propably somehow generated 1 TB of random files while doing so -.-) and trying to get my solution work with the files the same way as it was done with 1.6 I think the lib folder is ok but theres no include folder D:

I have no idea what im doing really :P    maybe i should stick with 1.6 at least for a while...

WATDO?

EDIT: Am i supposed to put the projects in the SFML solution to my own solution? o.e  At least i have the headers there, i just need to know what is the right way to get them accessible from my own solution... Copypasting sounds kind of ugly...

EDIT:
It seems that i was thinking that the include and lib directories woudld be put to the second adress on the cmake-gui. Realized it when looking at the configuration settings... :P

I still have a question though: You said that cmake updates the stuff automatically when i update the files (something like that). What exactly does that mean? Or did it just mean that i dont have to configure anymore, but i still have to open cmake and press the generate button? Or is it about how i had to run the vcvars bat file and open cmake through the command prompt? :|    It doesnt really matter though, thats why i dont go and read the tutorial again... xD
This sententace makes me more unique. Too lazy to upload avatar. Nobody reads usernames.

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: Cant get 2.0 working :P
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 09:07:45 pm »
Quote from: "Waterlimon"
It was really easy the way 1.6 did it but now there wasnt any instructions >.<
There is a tutorial ;)

If you carefully read the instructions and install the generated MSVC++ project, the include folder will be created. If you don't manage to build the solution, let us know the errors.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Waterlimon

• View Profile
Cant get 2.0 working [solved :3] :P
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 09:26:15 pm »
Maybe it got messed up when i first built propably the wrong project, ill try again tomorrow... :|
This sententace makes me more unique. Too lazy to upload avatar. Nobody reads usernames.