Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Thor and CMake Error - OSX  (Read 2214 times)

Pori

• View Profile
Thor and CMake Error - OSX
« on: June 24, 2012, 02:33:52 am »
I'd like to apologise in advance if I've broken any rules. I am having some difficulty compiling Thor 1.1 on 10.7.4.
I've read through this thread, and have tried all mentioned directories with the same error:

I'm quite new to SFML and CMake and am unsure of what I am doing wrong. I'm not sure if this sounds silly or not, but the only folder I can find containing 'lib' and 'include' is /Developer/usr/lib/clang/3.0.

As a note, I'd like to mention that I get a somewhat different error when I try to compile(?) from Thor's 2.0 git:

SFML found but version too low (requested: 2, found: 1.x)
-> SFML directory not found. Set SFML_ROOT to SFML's top-level path (containing "include" and "lib" directories).
-> Make sure the SFML libraries with the same configuration (Release/Debug, Static/Dynamic) exist.

This is very strange as I'm quite the version of SFML I have is 2.0, which I used the packaged installer for.

Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:58:06 am by Pori »

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: Thor and CMake Error - OSX
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 09:51:57 am »
Make sure you really use a recent version of SFML 2. In case you want to compile the newest Thor (which I recommend), download also the newest Git revision of SFML. Then, build and install it, see also the installation tutorial on my website. The installation leads to the creation of include and lib directories inside the specified CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

After installing SFML, begin to build Thor, and set the SFML_ROOT CMake variable to the just mentioned SFML install path.

By the way, I haven't tested clang, so I would be very glad about some feedback. But if this list is correct, at least clang 3.1 is required for lambda expressions, which are used by Thor 2.0.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Celtic Minstrel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 04:11:53 pm »
Although clang 3.1 is supposed to support lambda expressions, the version Apple ships crashes when it encounters them in the source.

Pori

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:52:59 pm »
I've both compiled and installed SFML with the same results - no "SFML" folder with lib/include in it. I've checked to see if it's a hidden folder - nothing. Thanks for your help anyway.

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 11:47:45 pm »
no "SFML" folder with lib/include in it.
It isn't called "SFML" unless you explicitly specify such a path. On Ubuntu for example, SFML_ROOT may be the folder /usr/local. It is possible that different libraries use that same folder.
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Celtic Minstrel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 01:34:27 am »
Um, if you built dynamic libraries they should be in /usr/local (go there by pressing Command-Shift-G in the Finder and pasting the path), where there's a lib folder and an include folder; if you built frameworks they go in /Library/Frameworks. So, that's where you should be looking for the SFML libraries.

anything