Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML with Kdevelop - how ?  (Read 2329 times)

qnox

• View Profile
SFML with Kdevelop - how ?
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:21:55 pm »
Hello guys,

im trying to run SFML with Kdevelop (on Mint with KDE). The problem is, i dont know exactly what to do. I search in the forum and found sth. about a cmake finder script and so on, but this not really help me, because i have no idea. It starts alredy with the simple question:

its better to download the SFML libraries over this webpage, or better installing the libcsfml-dev package from the Softwarecenter (i trying both alredy, but does not really fix my problem).

What to do next (starting a empty terminal cmake project-  then?) ? Maybe sb who is running SFML on Kdevelop can help me step by step. Iam sure it would be help some others in the internet too, because i found many posts via. google. Sometimes there was a little guide, but only with a kdevelop version from 2006 and the kdev GUI have change a lot during the time.

thanks, qnox
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:29:57 pm by qnox »

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: SFML with Kdevelop - how ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:34:49 pm »
This is the third time I write this post because you deleted your first one here, created a second one in the CSFML forum, and then edited this one again. Please don't do that, it is annoying for people who answer. Moderators can actually move posts.

You should download CSFML 2 via this website, to get the newest and official version.

I don't know how to setup things in KDevelop, but I doubt (C)SFML is significantly different from other libraries here. Maybe you should rather search how to link libraries with KDevelop, instead of how to link SFML with KDevelop...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 10:36:58 pm by Nexus »
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

qnox

• View Profile
Re: SFML with Kdevelop - how ?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:37:08 pm »
Sorry for confusing, and thank you for your post ! :)