Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Tidy Bubble  (Read 4625 times)

farmer

• View Profile
Tidy Bubble
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:35:15 pm »
So here's a game I've been working on for the past year and a half. The windows version is finally available for purchase. I'm using the graphics/windowing library from SFML to handle all the textures and graphics, as well as the SFML input functions. Multiplayer is done using the awesome enet library and the physics are handled by box2d.

Tidy Bubble

Purchase - full version includes all modes and future updates

Demo - includes the tutorial and course mode limited to 3 rounds.

This game is sort of a mash up of a couple different ideas. It's like a cross between a chain reaction game and a peggle game, or maybe a break-out style game. There's also a couple of game modes that are just completely different.

Modes
Infinite - Just random levels one after another, great to chill out to, play while talking whatever.

Course N - Played like a golf game, least amount of throws wins. Takes you through a course of N levels. Where N = some number, currently 9. So essentially the best score you could get on a 9 course game is 9 if you clear each level in one shot. I would like to add difficulty ratings for this, so that some courses have a par rating, etc.

Clean - An area is covered over the game screen, every bubble you burst clears part of that area. The area cleared is calculated between rounds and whenever a finish threshold is reached the game ends. This one is pretty challenging.

War - Multiplayer mode! 4 players square off against each other on the same computer and try to protect their bubble stash while destroying everyone else's. Modeled after Warlords on atari.

War Net - Same thing as War mode, just over the internet. Works great, surprisingly. Has chat and a ready system which regular war mode doesn't need.

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
Re: Tidy Bubble
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 09:50:07 pm »
Good work!! Not sure about the "most relaxing ever" but i enjoyed it a lot!! :) The price seems a bit high but yet I hope it sells well, you deserve it!

Keep them games coming!! :)

The Terminator

• Windows and Mac C++ Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 06:10:04 pm »
What's your system with buying the game? Once they buy the game do they receive an account that they use to log-in? Are you using external C++ libraries to communicate with the databases (SQL, etc)?
Current Projects:
Technoport

farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 07:32:08 pm »
Good work!! Not sure about the "most relaxing ever" but i enjoyed it a lot!! :) The price seems a bit high but yet I hope it sells well, you deserve it!

Keep them games coming!! :)

Thanks, I will definitely be making more games :D

farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 07:36:15 pm »
What's your system with buying the game? Once they buy the game do they receive an account that they use to log-in? Are you using external C++ libraries to communicate with the databases (SQL, etc)?

I'm using a software merchant/payment processor called BMT Micro. The way it works is they process the credit cards for me and take the customer information, make sure it isn't fraud and then send them a download link. I would like to offer it on more traditional game download platforms but I'm not really sure how to go about getting on those. Something like the humblestore would be great.

I'm not using any databases, but If I was I would definitely use some sort of library, sure beats re-inventing the wheel.

Lo-X

• View Profile
    • My personal website, with CV, portfolio and projects
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 08:10:17 pm »
Is it possible to have a linux version ?

Grimshaw

• Nephilim SDK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 08:20:39 pm »
Want to tell us more about your story and the story of the development of this game? I am curious to know more about your path if possible :D

foobarbaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 09:32:08 pm »
Nice work! Entertaining. As for stores, you should check out Desura. It's IndieDB's store, so the community is big on indie games :P

farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:45:27 pm »

YES! Currently it has been tested to work under wine, but there will be a native linux port very soon.

Lo-X

• View Profile
    • My personal website, with CV, portfolio and projects
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 10:47:56 pm »

YES! Currently it has been tested to work under wine, but there will be a native linux port very soon.

I'm looking forward to have it :D

farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:58:46 pm »
Want to tell us more about your story and the story of the development of this game? I am curious to know more about your path if possible :D

Yea actually.. I should probably setup like a devlog/blog or something