Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Kroniax available in the Play store!  (Read 86005 times)

AlexAUT

• View Profile
Re: Kroniax available in the Play store!
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2014, 09:22:51 am »
Thanks for pointing that out, I have no idea why the config file was creating a 3.3 context... Fixed it in the github repo.

AlexAUT

achpile

• View Profile
    • Achpile's homepage
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2014, 09:33:10 am »
And one more thing I want you to know  ;)

include/modules/states/menu.cpp:618
gui.addLabel(3, "text", sf::Vector2f(50, 120), "Some more Information:\n\n\nGreen horizontal lines will"
"change your speed!\n\nYellow horizontal lines will change your gravity!\n\nBlue lines will affect your view!");

When you concatenating strings like this - no spaces will be added, so it becomes "Green horizontal lines willchange ...". So you can add space to the end of the first, or to the start of the second string ;)

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2015, 11:04:40 am »
Just want to give a quick/last update for those you might still be interested in the project. As I have to remove the initial app, because of EU law changes I would have to update the app but I lost the source and the keystore file... So I decided to remade the app. I just wanted to experiment with other libraries (because I was using SFML for such a long time) so I decided to use Java with a popular GameFramework (won't advertise it here :P). And I'm glad I finished the project and can head back to C++ and SFML  ;D.

So basically the game has a completly new codebase and new levels (now I can make the levels in tiled because I wrote a converter from .tmx to .kroniax) and an updated style of the ship, still minimalistic  ;).

Here are the links to the browser version (doesn't run very smooth idk why) and to the android app

Browser: www.kroniax.tk
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alexaut.kroniax.android

Source: https://github.com/AlexAUT/Kroniax

AlexAUT

Jesper Juhl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2015, 03:47:58 pm »
Just tested your new version. It works really well on my LG G3 (although I rage-quit on level 4) ;)
Nice work.

santiaboy

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2015, 08:05:00 pm »
Kroniax Strong! ;D

In Level 1 it says "Speed Cange". I am assuming you meant change, right? It is the same with "Grav Cange" and "Ceckpoint". The Hs are going rogue.

The little circle when the speed change happens it is a really nice touch.

I would change that the levels start automatically like Rayman Legends rather than clicking space to start. It has a "3, 2, 1 Go!" so you can get ready. If you crash, well you start over from 2 seconds ago. Or maybe leave it like this and implement the "3,2,1" for the next game!

Finally, I do not know what the "Refresh" button on the top left on the website does. I click it and nothing ever happens.

Cheers mate!

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2015, 10:55:15 pm »
... because of EU law changes I would have to update the app but I lost the source and the keystore file...

Huh? Did I miss something? Or which change(s) are you talking about?

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2015, 01:09:34 am »
Jesper Juhl already in level4? I guessed that people will ragequit at 6 or 7  :P

Thanks for the feedback santiaboy I will consider changing it.

Huh? Did I miss something? Or which change(s) are you talking about?

Starting with 1.10.2015 (iirc) every website and app which saves userdata/profiles has to show the user a notification on the first visit/start ("Accept usage of cookies" message on websites). Because the SFML Kroniax app used AdMob (google ad API) which saves/creates user profiles (google does it, not my app directly) I would have to show a message on first startup. Google sent every developer 2 e-mails about it (Maybe only to those who uses admob idk)

AlexAUT

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2015, 10:16:18 am »
Ah, I see. weird that they don't force admob to show some notification in banners till accepted.

Rhimlock

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2015, 10:31:15 am »
Ah, I see. weird that they don't force admob to show some notification in banners till accepted.
So the user could block the ads by not accepting the notification in the banner?  ;)

Mario

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2015, 11:15:04 pm »
So the user could block the ads by not accepting the notification in the banner?  ;)
They could just avoid that using cookies as well as showing the notification next to banners. :)

Raincode

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2015, 09:46:27 pm »
Hi

your game is absolutely awesome. It's actually fun as hell. It makes me drop the f-bomb more than I want to.

Lv6, after pressing home button and returning to it some hours later, wasnt flipped anymore (orientation like e.g. in lv2). Not sure if this is a minor bug.

Also, speaking of Lv6, that damn thing is just... SO HARD. I don't know. Played Kroniax for 2 days... I am a different person know. My parents say I have become more quiet.

Jokes aside, gj.

BTW, has anyone (have you) ever finished all levels?

Kind Regards,
Raincode

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2015, 10:16:01 pm »
your game is absolutely awesome. It's actually fun as hell. It makes me drop the f-bomb more than I want to.

Thanks  :) I'm glad you enjoy the game and have/had a nice time!

Lv6, after pressing home button and returning to it some hours later, wasnt flipped anymore (orientation like e.g. in lv2). Not sure if this is a minor bug.

Ok I thought I fixed the rotation bug in the last update. I will have a look at it in a few days.

BTW, has anyone (have you) ever finished all levels?

A few friends have completed all levels, but they are experienced because they played alle the earlier versions too (which were a lot harder)

AlexAUT

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2015, 08:16:12 am »
Just wanted to say that the link in your signature is broken ;D
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

AlexAUT

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2015, 10:45:18 am »
Just wanted to say that the link in your signature is broken ;D

Thanks  ;D

AlexAUT

Raincode

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2017, 02:28:52 pm »
Hi, just checking in here, I downloaded again on my new phone and passed lv6. Feels good man. Cheers!