Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Black Screen Windowed, but Works Fullscreen  (Read 2408 times)

Acumen

• View Profile
Black Screen Windowed, but Works Fullscreen
« on: April 14, 2013, 04:31:30 pm »
So I gave a graphics test program out to have a few people check compatibility, and got back a report that it shows nothing but a black screen while windowed on someones laptop. The strange thing is that it runs fine in full-screen on the same laptop.

Nothing is coming up on Google for this that I can find. It is working fine both windowed and full-screen on all other computers tested so far. I will hopefully get the make, model, windows version, display adapter, driver version, and resolution shortly and relay it. I am not on my computer with the source but will get the appropriate code snippets up right away.

Any ideas?

Acumen

• View Profile
Re: Black Screen Windowed, but Works Fullscreen
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 05:11:29 pm »
Looking at my code and being more awake now, I realize this probably this has nothing to do with SFML at all. SFML is doing it's job just by creating the window. Glew is initializing since it is not popping off an error and OpenGL must be somewhat working to clear the window to black. Some something in my OpenGL code must make that one system unhappy in a window.

If I had the computer to test with I would have ideas about where to start, but I do not. Anyone have experience with this? I might post this in an OpenGL forum.

Acumen

• View Profile
Re: Black Screen Windowed, but Works Fullscreen
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 07:31:11 pm »
Got the user data. I don't have it handy but their display driver was outdated. I asked if they could try updating and let me know if that fixes it. I will report the results back here if/when I get them.