Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Help getting PySFML running  (Read 7593 times)

zill

• View Profile
Help getting PySFML running
« on: March 22, 2009, 06:19:37 pm »
I downloaded the DEV files for linux and put the PySFML folder in the site-packages of my python installation.

I get the error:
ImprotError: libsfml-graphics.so.1.4: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

I have the libsfml-graphics.so.1.4 file, but I don't know how to fix the error.  Can anyone help?

Thank you

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:27:15 pm »
You probably have a 64 bits system; SFML is compiled for 32 bits. If so, you'll have to recompile SFML and PySFML for your architecture.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

remi.k2620

• View Profile
    • http://remi.tuxfamily.org
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 06:29:04 pm »
I think the problem is that you have a 64 bits library for pysfml and a 32 bits library for sfml.
You can either build sfml yourself in order to have a 64b version or use the 32b version of pysfml.

Edit : damned, Laurent is faster than me :)

zill

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 06:55:05 pm »
Wow, you reply fast.  I tried using the 32 bit version of PySFML, but I just got an error saying that sf.so is the wrong elf class.

So, I'm trying to compile SFML for my architecture.  Hopefully I can get it to work.

Thank you for the quick response.

zill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 07:07:26 pm »
The sfml-system compiles fine.  However, the sfml-window does not.  I get these errors:

make[2]: Entering directory `/home/zill/Desktop/SFML-1.4/src/SFML/Window'
g++ -o Context.o -c Context.cpp -W -Wall -pedantic -I../../../include -I../../ -O2 -DNDEBUG -fPIC
g++ -o Input.o -c Input.cpp -W -Wall -pedantic -I../../../include -I../../ -O2 -DNDEBUG -fPIC
g++ -o VideoMode.o -c VideoMode.cpp -W -Wall -pedantic -I../../../include -I../../ -O2 -DNDEBUG -fPIC
g++ -o Window.o -c Window.cpp -W -Wall -pedantic -I../../../include -I../../ -O2 -DNDEBUG -fPIC
g++ -o WindowImpl.o -c WindowImpl.cpp -W -Wall -pedantic -I../../../include -I../../ -O2 -DNDEBUG -fPIC
g++ -o Linux/Joystick.o -c Linux/Joystick.cpp -W -Wall -pedantic -I../../../include -I../../ -O2 -DNDEBUG -fPIC
g++ -o Linux/VideoModeSupport.o -c Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp -W -Wall -pedantic -I../../../include -I../../ -O2 -DNDEBUG -fPIC
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:31:35: error: X11/extensions/Xrandr.h: No such file or directory
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp: In static member function ‘static void sf::priv::VideoModeSupport::GetSupportedVideoModes(std::vector<sf::VideoMode, std::allocator<sf::VideoMode> >&)’:
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:58: error: ‘XRRScreenConfiguration’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:58: error: ‘Config’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:58: error: ‘XRRGetScreenInfo’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:63: error: ‘XRRScreenSize’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:63: error: ‘Sizes’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:63: error: ‘XRRConfigSizes’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:79: error: ‘XRRFreeScreenConfigInfo’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp: In static member function ‘static sf::VideoMode sf::priv::VideoModeSupport::GetDesktopVideoMode()’:
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:112: error: ‘XRRScreenConfiguration’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:112: error: ‘Config’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:112: error: ‘XRRGetScreenInfo’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:116: error: ‘Rotation’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:116: error: expected `;' before ‘CurrentRotation’
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:117: error: ‘CurrentRotation’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:117: error: ‘XRRConfigCurrentConfiguration’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:121: error: ‘XRRScreenSize’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:121: error: ‘Sizes’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:121: error: ‘XRRConfigSizes’ was not declared in this scope
Linux/VideoModeSupport.cpp:126: error: ‘XRRFreeScreenConfigInfo’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [Linux/VideoModeSupport.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/zill/Desktop/SFML-1.4/src/SFML/Window'
make[1]: *** [sfml-window] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zill/Desktop/SFML-1.4/src/SFML'
make: *** [sfml] Error 2

Do you know what to do?

Edit:

I didn't realize that I needed to have xorg-dev installed in order to compile SFML.  I got it working.

remi.k2620

• View Profile
    • http://remi.tuxfamily.org
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 09:13:47 pm »
Quote from: "zill"
I tried using the 32 bit version of PySFML, but I just got an error saying that sf.so is the wrong elf class.

Sorry, i made a silly suggestion, it couldn't have worked since you have a 64b version of python and of all the libraries sfml depends on.

anything