Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Debian/Ubuntu packages for SFML  (Read 61922 times)

isReady

• View Profile
Re: Debian/Ubuntu packages for SFML
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 04:09:42 pm »
Hey thank you, it worked  :D
But I do not really understand why it does.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/precise/libsfml-dev
The package information show that the package libsfml-dev is still version 1.6. But why does my machine install sfml 2.0 now?
Would it be possible that adding your launchpad account to my repositories is the reason for this behaviour?

Sonkun

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 11:11:35 pm »
Yes, my repositories provide a higher version of SFML and thus, supersedes the old ones. You can still remove them, apt-add-remove ppa:sonkun/sfml-development then update with apt-get update.
Interested in using SFML with Python ? Try out its Python binding!

Syntactic Fructose

• Overflowing stacks and eating snacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2013, 01:49:22 am »
Just checking in on any progress for .rpm packages, Thanks for your work again!

Sonkun

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2013, 02:15:43 am »
Glad to hear there's someone interested in the .rpm version of this project.

Actually I've got most of them on my computer but I just got stuck with the sfeMovie .rpm and then got bored. >.< As soon as I've got some time to spend on it, I'll make them available (even already wrote the announcement .. a  while ago :p).

Thanks.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2013, 08:32:51 am »
I've sent an e-mail to the Debian game team mailing-list, and it seems like a little help would boost the adoption of SFML 2 into the official repositories.
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-games-devel/2013-June/026334.html

Since you have already done this job, maybe you could help them?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Sonkun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 07:46:08 am »
Sure! I'd be glad to help them :) I just need to fix some issues regarding the Debian packaging policy which isn't strictly respected by my packages. I'm currently reading their doc, thank you for having informed me.

laguna_999

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 10:32:33 pm »
Hi there,
I am using debian 7.1 (64bit, 32bit works fine for me by just using the 32bit libs from the sfml downloads page) and probably are doing something wrong (normally using archlinux).
Using the 64bit libs and includes from the download page tells me i need libglew and libjpeg in versions that don't exist for my distribution (libglew 1.7 instead of 1.6)

So I tried the approach from this thread. When i run an apt-get update, all i get is
W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/sonkun/sfml-stable/ubuntu/dists/wheezy/main/source/Sources  404  Not Found

W: Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/sonkun/sfml-stable/ubuntu/dists/wheezy/main/binary-amd64/Packages  404  Not Found

« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:12:45 pm by laguna_999 »

Sonkun

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 03:59:52 am »
Unfortunately, I haven't tried on Debian so I can't really help here but, from what I can see, the repo is properly added but Debian isn't looking for the packages at the right place. It expects to find them under dist/wheezy but it'll only find some under dist/precise, dist/quantal and dist/raring so try a manual install. Remove the repo you just added, download the .deb packages and "dpkg -i sfml*.deb".

https://launchpad.net/~sonkun/+archive/sfml-stable

laguna_999

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 11:12:34 pm »
Thank you a lot for your help and time!

I tried downloading the *.deb 64 bit file manually but by running dpkg just yields me the same stubborn dependency on libglew and libc:
libsfml depends on libglew1.6(>=1.6.0); however:
package libglew1.6 is not installed.
libsfml depends on libc6 (>=2.15); however:
Version of libc6:amd64 is 2.13-38

I actually do have libglew 1.7 installed, but i don't get, why dpkg does not want to use it.  :-\
The libc6 2.13-38 seems to be the newest version for debian 7.1 .

netrick

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 04:09:02 pm »
Any progress in adding SFML 2.1 to debian repos? It would be great because that would make it available on a big part of linux world because many widely used distros are based on debian repos.

Sonkun

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 01:43:57 am »
Any progress in adding SFML 2.1 to debian repos? It would be great because that would make it available on a big part of linux world because many widely used distros are based on debian repos.
SFML is getting its own repository. :) I should give news by the end of the (next) week.

I actually do have libglew 1.7 installed, but i don't get, why dpkg does not want to use it.  :-\
The libc6 2.13-38 seems to be the newest version for debian 7.1 .
I'll give a try on Debian 7.1 as soon as I can.

netrick

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 10:30:36 am »
Own repository has the flaw that user must add it to the system, I think such a widely-used lib like SFML should be in official repos. Being in debian repos means being in *buntu and mint repos as well. Every SFML dependency is in debian repos, packages are already done, why don't you want to try?

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 10:36:40 am »
Of course we'll also contact the official repos maintainers so that SFML is added as soon as possible. Sorry if this was not clear.

But it may take some time before it happens, so meanwhile we'll also setup our own repositories. These repos will allow people to get the latest SFML packages as soon as they are released.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Sonkun

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 05:05:48 pm »
Sorry, it wasn't clear at all. As Ubuntu repositories are frozen at each release and as its next version is scheduled for release on 17 October 2013, I preferred to focus on Fedora packages first. This time, it will include the C and .Net bindings and an effort will be make  for the unofficial ones (Python, Java, Ruby). Note that they're all already packaged for Fedora and are being reviewed at the moment. The launchpad repository will remain to bring the latest version of SFML and its bindings to older Debian/Ubuntu versions.

laguna_999

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 01:15:10 am »
This is great! I am amazed again and again how dedicated you are to make sfml even better!

Currently i am working in a 32Bit Debian VM, which is no problem for me. But good to hear, you are working on it.

Greetings!

anything