Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML on Reddit (/r/sfml)  (Read 5869 times)

anthnich

• View Profile
    • Long Division LLC
SFML on Reddit (/r/sfml)
« on: May 02, 2013, 05:40:12 pm »
Hello everybody!

I'm a coder using SFML for a number of my projects and been a long time lurker of these forums. I have to preface by saying these forums have been an invaluable learning tool for me, not just for learning SFML but for learning programming as well. Thanks Laurent and everyone else who has helped foster such a great community.

Over at Reddit, I am moderator at http://www.reddit.com/r/sfml/ (username: anthonybean) , a subreddit dedicated to SFML. It was suggested there that I come over here and introduce the subreddit to the forums.

The subreddit doesn't see a lot of traffic at the moment, but I volunteered as mod over there so I can help SFML have a home among the Reddit community. I consider /r/sfml a supplement to these forums and the irc channel as another place members of the dev community and get together and talk about SFML. You're all welcome to come and pay a visit!

Thanks again for all the hard work and for making such a fine product. :)

Jove

• View Profile
    • http://www.jestofevekites.com/
Re: SFML on Reddit (/r/sfml)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 06:00:12 pm »
Looks like another good resource, thanks for posting it :)
{much better code}

Raphman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:20:31 pm »
I'm a huge redditor, and I lurk /r/SFML a lot. I'll try to be more active.

anthnich

• View Profile
    • Long Division LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 03:31:03 am »
Thanks for checking it out! There seems to be a little cross pollination between /r/gamedev and /r/sfml, but hopefully more SFML posts will begin to find there way over to /r/sfml.

I also used the new SFML logo as the logo for the subreddit. I'm hoping there is no problem with this? If not, I may port over a little bit of the color scheme just so there is a slight bit of visual parity between the site and the subreddit.

Also, I remember the old design has a "media kit", with a high resolution version of the logo. Any plans for that with the new design?

FRex

• Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:03:33 am »
It's in the (evil xml based) svg so you can make it as large as you want easily because it's vector graphic, not raster: http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=4960.msg78677#msg78677
Back to C++ gamedev with SFML in May 2023

Cornstalks

• View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 04:12:13 am »
I also used the new SFML logo as the logo for the subreddit. I'm hoping there is no problem with this?
If by "problems" you mean licensing stuff, I put it in the public domain so people can do anything they want with it.

anthnich

• View Profile
    • Long Division LLC
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 04:28:24 pm »
Cool, good to hear it's public domain.

And thanks FRex for the svg!

anything