Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SFML 2.0 + Code::Blocks' autocompletion = problem  (Read 3812 times)

Yoshua

• View Profile
SFML 2.0 + Code::Blocks' autocompletion = problem
« on: May 10, 2013, 06:18:09 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm beginner :)

My issue is pretty simple and for you may sound silly, but please help me. Autocompletion in my C::B doesn't work properly. For instance when I write:

sf::Sprite x;
x.

I can't see all x's methods ( for example: move, setPosition etc. ) only a small part of them. I know they are inherited from base class, but I would like to see all available methods ( it would boost my learning speed ).
Please help me and sorry, if this topic sounds stupid for you.

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
Re: SFML 2.0 + Code::Blocks' autocompletion = problem
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:36:15 pm »
This is no problem related to SFML. You should rather ask on the Code::Blocks forum.

But don't expect too much, the auto-completion tools for C++ have a lot of bugs. The best one I have encountered so far is Visual Assist X...
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

c0ffee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 08:27:27 pm »
It happened to me when working with project stored in directory path with special characters (space, exclamation mark etc.)

ulko10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 09:58:42 pm »
This problem will probably came from your code::block settings, check them and see for something looking like this "Autocompletition launch when type # letter :" it's in settings > editor (next, search a little bit).

So i think this is the root of the probleme because by default autocompletition launch when you type 4 letter, and "x." is only two letters.

devdzt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 03:47:03 am »
Was googling trying to figure out this problem and this is the latest thread I seen with this problem. Just wanted to say that adding the SFML includes to your environment PATH fixed code completion on Code::Blocks for me on Windows.

anything