Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Solar creation  (Read 4592 times)

csiz

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - calinutzu92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Solar creation
« on: April 08, 2009, 02:39:57 pm »
From the classical description of how a solar system is formed: There is a lot of dust and it collides and it forms rocks than they collide and form miniplanets than they attract and collide and form planets and the sun.

I made a simulation in witch you start form 2 to 1000 objects (that would be the equivalent of miniplanets) and it calculates gravitational forces and plastic collisions until a sun and some planets are formed.

here is the wiki from where you can download the program  http://www.sfml-dev.org/wiki/en/projects/solarcreation (now how do I delete the other page?:D)

Uh oh there aren't a lot of planets forming, I think it should have more than 1000 initial objects for a more realistic simulation but normal computers start to slow down a lot from 1000 up
My new webpage calinmocanu

Groogy

• MSN Messenger - groogy@groogy.se
    • View Profile
    • http://www.groogy.se
    • Email
Solar creation
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »
Pretty cool dude!

Can I come with some suggestions? Give the dots different materials (AKA colours or something, maybe even different attributes if you want) to get a cooler effect. You know if Yellow and Blue collide we get green etc. etc. ;)

And if you want you can make different colours represent different mass and weight.. Imagination is your limit ;)
Developer and Maker of rbSFML and Programmer at Paradox Development Studio

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Solar creation
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 06:34:06 pm »
Sorry to bother you, but the page shouldn't be there it should be located under the wiki/en/projects/ folder ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer