Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Possible SFML configuration fix for Codeblocks users  (Read 2711 times)

Lethn

• View Profile
Possible SFML configuration fix for Codeblocks users
« on: May 26, 2013, 11:43:30 am »
Okay, It took me awhile to figure it out but as the tutorial says Codeblocks seems to use the SJLJ version of SFML but I'll have a minor rant about that after showing people what to do and see if this helps fix this problem.

1) Download the GCC 4.7 TDM (SJLJ) version of SFML 2.0 ( NOT GCC 4.7 MinGW (DW2) - 32 bits ) and follow the tutorial as normal

2) Be sure to copy the .dll files to the saved codeblocks project folder that you have

Note: I did this without having to use CMake at all and in the end Codeblocks seems to work fine with the SJLJ version of SFML 2.0, I was getting .dll errors and entry procedure errors until I tried this.

I followed these steps myself having had an annoying number of problems getting it to work after following the tutorial normally, to an absolute beginner the SJLJ/DW2 business isn't very clearly explained. I looked in MINGW's Bin folder and found libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll files and just through randomness I tried downloading the SJLJ version instead and followed the steps again. It worked and so far there hasn't been any crashes or error messages.

What I want to know is, why are there are two .dll files in this folder when there are only supposed to be one? And why does Codeblocks default to the SJLJ version? None of this is explained in the tutorial and it's clearly frustrating a lot of newbies, I think the only reason I solved this is because of my random tinkering.

Let me know if this solution works for those using Codeblocks.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:57:07 pm by Lethn »