Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Setting up SFML on CodeBlocks: Problems  (Read 1828 times)

PrincePhoenix

• View Profile
Setting up SFML on CodeBlocks: Problems
« on: May 25, 2013, 06:13:39 pm »
Hello everyone.
I intend to learn and use SFGUI for which I am installing SFML. Although I have some confusions about SFGUI's installation, for now I am having problems with SFML.
I am following the online tutorial for
http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.0/start-cb.php
I am using CodeBlocks IDE 12.11 with the bundled MingW compiler downloaded from the link on their website.
On Windows XP.

I follow all the steps. When I try to run the sample code given, I get the following error:
"the procedure entry point __gxx_personality_v0 could not be located in the dynamic link library libstdc++-6.dll"
Furthermore, in the step where I have to to link the my application to the sfml libraries (in the build option's, linker settings tab, I simply browse to give the files location (with "...-d in its name for debug") and don't remove the lib prefix or .a suffix or simply write the names like the tutorial as that gives a long list of "unidentified declartions" errors)

Note:The sfml file I downloaded is "GCC 4.7 MinGW (DW2) - 32 bits". My .....\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin has both "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll" and "libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll" mentioned in the tutorial.

Will appreciate the help.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 06:19:58 pm by PrincePhoenix »

LazyCpp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Setting up SFML on CodeBlocks: Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:23:35 am »
I also got the same error...
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thx

PrincePhoenix

• View Profile
Re: Setting up SFML on CodeBlocks: Problems
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 06:12:10 am »
http://en.sfml-dev.org/forums/index.php?topic=11652.0
That solved my problem.

The tutorial actually does say that if you got the MingW with Code::Blocks, you most likely have the TDM (SJLJ) version. But this means the instructions regarding finding it from the DLLs in "....MingW\bin" is at least misleading.

anything