Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Installing issues  (Read 760 times)

Nene

• View Profile
Installing issues
« on: June 05, 2013, 09:46:43 am »
Hello! I apologize in advance if I overlooked something, or cause frustration. However, I've been at this for a bit now, trying to install the 32bit version of SFML with Visual Studio 2010.

So to attempt to detail this problem, I will say this; I have read the tutorial presented on the site. Several times. Over and over. I've gone through several attempts at installing this and for some reason, it keeps on persisting! Now the problem lays in the following:

1>sfml-main-d.lib(SFML_Main.cpp.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'sfml-main-d.pdb' was not found with 'sfml-main-d.lib(SFML_Main.cpp.obj)' or at 'Desktop\SFMLTest\Debug\sfml-main-d.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info
1>sfml-main-d.lib(SFML_Main.cpp.obj) : warning LNK4099: PDB 'sfml-main-d.pdb' was not found with 'sfml-main-d.lib(SFML_Main.cpp.obj)' or at 'Desktop\SFMLTest\Debug\sfml-main-d.pdb'; linking object as if no debug info

First time this happened, I had forgotten to C+P files from the bin folder and that was on me. (Most likely this whole event is on me.) Once I did that, the tutorial in setting up the program worked fine. (No errors at all!) So now you ask.. how did I mess it up?! Well..! I went to the next tutorial, the timer one. When attempting to run it, I noticed any time I used SFML/System.hpp, the compiler would freak out and refuse to run. Tested several times. /graphics worked fine and /system error'd out. (Both spelled properly mind you, if I happened to typo here!)

Anyways, uninstall, attempt again. Now I have the same EXACT warning listed above each time I compile something in debug.. but the weird thing is, each program actually runs. (The green circle for instance, that is the end of the install tutorial.) and the Pong example listed with the SDK. (However, once I exit out of Pong, there's an error..)

So all and all, I am curious of why this warning exists. What I did not install or overlooked and why this is consistently popping up in programs. If there's anything I can give to assist with this problem, please.. Just tell me. System specs, this or that. I wish to get it solved!

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Installing issues
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:57:40 am »
The compiler just informs you that it couldn't find the .pdb files that normally go with the debug libraries (PDBs contain debugging information).

So:
- you don't have these files because I don't distribute them in the SFML packages
- you can safely ignore the warnings because obviously you're not going to debug SFML ;)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Nene

• View Profile
Re: Installing issues
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:07:59 am »
Thank you, Laurent. I apologize for being bothersome.  :-X I just have a nasty habit of nitpicking warnings and what not. Esp after the errors I ran into earlier!

anything