Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Database Errors When Searching  (Read 3547 times)

Syndog

• View Profile
Database Errors When Searching
« on: June 08, 2013, 05:02:10 pm »
I'm trying to perform a search of the forums, but consistently get database errors, and told to report the error to an administrator.

Before:

After:

I'm using Google Chrome 27, but have also tried this on Firefox 21 with the same result.  Also tried disabling JavaScript, to no avail.

... --- ...
Your Kung Fu is no match for my Feng Shui!

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Database Errors When Searching
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 05:37:45 pm »
Don't check all forums. You can easily remove half of them (bindings, website, ...), and in this case the search works much better ;)

And if your problem is with SFML.Net, it's even better, you just have one forum to check.

(yes, it's not obvious at first sight, but you can click the "CHOOSE A BOARD TO SEARCH" bar to see the list of forums)
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Syndog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 05:47:47 pm »
That's a useful tip, and I appreciate it.  I'll be sure to narrow the focus of my future searches.

Are you saying that if I have an issue I want to search all forums for, I'm unable to do that without getting a cryptic database error?  That's somewhat disturbing, don't you think?

:-\
Your Kung Fu is no match for my Feng Shui!

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 08:54:51 am »
Are you saying that if I have an issue I want to search all forums for, I'm unable to do that without getting a cryptic database error?
Most likely, yes.

That's somewhat disturbing, don't you think?
It is. But I'm not a system admin, I haven't got much time to mess with the forum, the database or my web host.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer