Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [Solved] intel_do_flush_locked failed: No such file or directory  (Read 7306 times)

Ziemowit Stolarczy

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi everybody.

I have following problem:
When I try to store sprite in some object and then draw it I recieve this error: "intel_do_flush_locked failed: No such file or directory"
But when I just in the loop load texture, generate sprite and draw it then everythin works fine.

I thinkt that the best way to show the problem is show the code so I attached files. Thanks that each of You can see the code. I made it very simple to highlight my problem. I have added also comment where I get an error.

Now I don't know if:
a) It is a bug in SFML?
b) It is some problem with my graphic card?
c) Or finally I made sth totally stupid and I can't spot it (I am new in python and SFML)

I get the same errror for python2 and python3.
My graphic card is => Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (primary) (rev 03)
I use Linux Ubuntu 13.04.

I really appreciate any help. Or at least an answer for "Do You get the same error"?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:15:09 am by Sonkun »

Sonkun

• View Profile
Re: intel_do_flush_locked failed: No such file or directory
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:37:12 pm »
How did you install pySFML ? By adding the sonkun/sfml-stable repository ?

This issue is from the release candidate of SFML2 which is still the current version used in this repository. In other word, you're using pySFML 1.2 which is based on SFML2-RC. The current version of pySFML is 1.3 and is based on SFML2 (which fixes it). The repository should get updated as soon I fix the package bug >.< and Ubuntu will invite you to update python-sfml package as well as the libsfml package automatically. Don't worry, there are minor API changes between 1.2 and 1.3 so you could stick with 1.2 until the repository is updated, the transition won't be hard. Or you can compile 1.3 by hand but you'll need Cython and SFML2.0 installed manually.

Anyway, here the workarounds:
1) Create the window before loading any GL resources
window = sfmlg.RenderWindow(sf.window.VideoMode(800, 600), "Snake")
#first the window, then imagefactory.Loader()
loader = imagefactory.Loader()
2) If your computer has a nvidia discrete cards using Optimus technology, install Bumblebee (google it) and run your program using the nvidia card: optirun python3 main.py

By the way, why from sfml.graphics import sfmlg :D
Interested in using SFML with Python ? Try out its Python binding!

Ziemowit Stolarczy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:56:36 pm »
Thanks man!
It works :D:D:D

For installation I used Your tutorial "how to download python":
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sonkun/sfml-stable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install python-sfml
# or
sudo apt-get install python3-sfml
So the answer is yes, I have added sonkun/sfml-stable repository.

I am waiting  for relase 1.3! :)

Why import sfml.graphics as sfmlg? To be able to write it shorter :P

Sonkun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:04:30 pm »
Actually, it's my 9th attempts to package 1.3 (https://launchpad.net/~sonkun/+archive/sfml-experimental/+build/4589329). It works locally but it doesn't work on Launchpad... It should have been done a while ago but I finally got bored with that. But now, since you need it, I'll be more willing to make it done :D
Interested in using SFML with Python ? Try out its Python binding!