Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Tool: Basis  (Read 4378 times)

achild

• View Profile
Tool: Basis
« on: July 10, 2013, 02:21:28 pm »
I am only now registering here because we never had any problem with sfml to need to otherwise  ;)

We have just finished preparing the initial release of a new 2d skeletal animation tool called Basis. We started roughly 2 1/2 years ago and it has come so far since then! Naturally, one of our first implementations was for SFML, and it couldn't have been easier to make a reasonably SFML-compatible drawable class. Thanks for an awesome framework!

Basis will be completely free but it still has a lot of work to do, which is why we eventually determined to start a Kickstarter.

It's here with the link to the download page.

This will pretty much determine how much further we can take it. We have no idea how the community will respond, but we're excited to release finally! We are grateful SFML is so available and so easy to use - it only took a night to have a working demo.

-Scott
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 02:23:53 pm by achild »

DJuego

• View Profile
Re: Tool: Basis
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 06:35:12 pm »
It seems a great tool!  Delighted to be surprised. :P

I do not know a free tool in this specific (but important) niche.  Perhaps Synfig Studio. On the other hand Spine (apparenty a very similar tool) is a commercial competitor. I was considering use Blender for Sprite Animation...

I missed the cross-platform and open source but it is enough fair I think . It seems ambitious.  Basis and Tiled can be on the same level in the 2D Toolset.

I recommend you a intense campaign of diffusion. This project deserves more visibility. It would be interesting that you subtitled your video of presentation.

Sorry for my creepy English.

DJuego

Chaore

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 07:18:10 pm »
It's my first time with kickstarter.  I am blind or Paypal payment are not accepted :o?  We are in obligation to pay with amazonpayments?

Thank you.  Nice tool !
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:22:54 pm by Chaore »

achild

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 03:29:23 am »
Thanks guys for the encouragement!

@DJuegeo You're exactly right, and we hope to get more exposure though a sudden virus had me very sick since I posted this. If you think it's a good thing, feel free to spread the word!!

@Chaore yes it seems it has to be amazonpayments. You're welcome :) We look forward to bringing more and more to Basis for you all :)