Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: VideoStreamer - .NET Video Player  (Read 42902 times)

zsbzsb

• Active Maintainer of CSFML/SFML.NET
    • View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
Re: VideoStreamer - .NET Video Player
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2014, 04:27:52 pm »
No need to do full quotes  ;)

So I used user rcurtis's project that he linked in an earlier post to get the compiled version of your dll's

Those are really old binaries that contain several bugs that have been fixed since then. I really recommend that you compile the current master branch and see if that fixes your issue. If that doesn't fix the issue send me a download link to a video that I can test with.

I see classes in videostreamernet for audio... but if it is supposed to work automatically I presume there's another class I should be using...

The audio classes are for internal use only, the only classes that you should be dealing with are the ones that are shown in the example.
Motion / MotionNET - Complete video / audio playback for SFML / SFML.NET

NetEXT - An SFML.NET Extension Library based on Thor

FallenWyvern

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2014, 04:35:47 pm »
Figured it would be something like that. I'll keep you informed! Thanks for your time.

FallenWyvern

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 04:19:35 pm »
So I believe I'm in need of someone pointing out what I'm overlooking.

1. Downloaded the CMake, SFML.NET, NetEXT, FFMPEG - Dev and VideoStreamer Source files.
2. Following the tutorial on your site, using CMake (set to VS2012) I was able to generate VideoStreamer without errors, however it is failing to actually build. There is no release folder.
3. Build CVideoStreamer in the same way. Also no release folder.

I can open these up in VS, I can build VideoStreamer (although there are some deprecation warnings) but CVideoStreamer gives me an error "Cannot Open DataFrame.h" and "VideoStream.h"

So I rebuild CVideoStreamer with CMake, which I can now point to a release folder. However I get the "Cannot open the include file, no such file or directory" errors again.

So what am I overlooking? I keep staring at the tutorial, but I'm not seeing what I missed.

-----------

Got it built. I had to delete the failed cmake version and recompile again. Was getting some SAFESEH errors but they didn't stop me from building.

Now my problem is the same. No audio on the video. I've uploaded a rar of the test video as well as my binaries I built. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxanGGXXqJaSN1FmbXg4RnRKNm8/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:54:21 pm by FallenWyvern »

zsbzsb

• View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 09:05:23 pm »
Now my problem is the same. No audio on the video. I've uploaded a rar of the test video as well as my binaries I built. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxanGGXXqJaSN1FmbXg4RnRKNm8/edit?usp=sharing

I tried your test video and it all works fine on my end. Any chance of you being able to hop on IRC as I feel that would be the best way to help sort it out on your end.

FallenWyvern

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2014, 03:05:56 pm »
Did your new Motion library ever take care of that memory leak when dealing with many videos being loaded/unloaded?

zsbzsb

• View Profile
    • My little corner...
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2014, 03:03:35 pm »
Some of you already know this, but I am doing a rewrite of this project which includes many improvements (including SFML and SFML.NET support). The new project is called Motion and I will be writing up a proper post for it as soon as I finish a few other things. For now you can check it out with the following links.

https://github.com/zsbzsb/Motion
https://bitbucket.org/zsbzsb/motion

Did your new Motion library ever take care of that memory leak when dealing with many videos being loaded/unloaded?

Yes, the current project VideoStreamer has a small leak when you create and destroy many instances of the VideoStream class. It has been fixed in the new Motion project.

anything