Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [RESOLVED] AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2;  (Read 3169 times)

Ixrec

• View Profile
    • Email
Me again.  So I finally got my program to compile on Linux after much headache (and turning it into one of the SFML examples so that CMake would do the linking for me), but when I try to run it I get this error:

AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2; expect break up
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I do see a window try to flicker into existence just before this error happens and kills it, so hopefully that means the non-audio stuff is working fine.

I tried copying my version of libopenal.so into the folder where my program is, but that had no effect.  Since I'm still a linux noob, do I have to worry about distributing libopenal with the linux version of my program? Or is that something I can assume is already installed on every other linux box in such a way that it gets automagically linked for me?

If it matters, the "sound" example program is working fine for me.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:27:58 pm by Ixrec »

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2;
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 02:18:41 pm »
If it matters, the "sound" example program is working fine for me.
So you should start by searching what's different between the "sound" example, which works, and your code, which fails.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Ixrec

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: AL lib: pulseaudio.c:331: PulseAudio returned minreq > tlength/2;
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 04:19:27 pm »
Correction: The sound example does output that error message (I forgot to try running it in the terminal), but it doesn't seg fault and simply executes as if it didn't even happen.

I know my program doesn't attempt to load or play any sound or music when it starts up so I can't imagine the audio code itself is relevant, but I'll try commenting out a bunch of stuff later and see if I can isolate it.

Edit: Never mind, turns out the real error messages my program was trying to produce weren't getting output like they should've been.  It's completely unrelated to audio.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:27:41 pm by Ixrec »