Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: cmake error with SFML  (Read 7794 times)

Bones

• View Profile
cmake error with SFML
« on: May 28, 2011, 08:11:12 am »
Hey, I've been trying to get this to work all day.  When I press configure in cmake(gui version) it gives me the error "Error in configuration process, project files may be invalid".  I think it might have to do with the path I'm setting.  It asked me for a path when I first used the app but I haven't seen that option since.  I tried clicking add entry with a type path and setting it to my mingw\bin folder.  Then I click on that new entry in the bottom area but it still gives me that error.  I hate all this compiler and file stuff.  I just want to program.

Here's the output:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "MinGW Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/SFMLRoot/SFML2.0/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/SFMLRoot/SFML2.0/Build/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 10:10:55 am »
Please read the tutorial, everything is explained.
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Bones

• View Profile
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 10:10:44 pm »
Quote from: "Laurent"
Please read the tutorial, everything is explained.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my regular cmake app wouldn't work.  I can't figure it out even with the tutorial.  I'll keep trying today.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 10:15:02 pm »
Sorry, I forgot to mention that my regular cmake app wouldn't work

??
What is your "regular cmake app"?

All you need is to modify the PATH environment variable before running CMake, so that it contains the path to your mingw/bin directory. And it is explained in the tutorial.

Bones

• View Profile
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 10:17:31 pm »
Sorry, I forgot to mention that my regular cmake app wouldn't work

??
What is your "regular cmake app"?

All you need is to modify the PATH environment variable before running CMake, so that it contains the path to your mingw/bin directory. And it is explained in the tutorial.

Woops, I just re read it.  I was getting it mixed up with another tutorial.  I'm just not quite sure how to modify the PATH environment variable.

EDIT:Googled it.  I'll test a few things and post here if I have troubles

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 10:23:23 pm »
I'm just not quite sure how to modify the PATH environment variable.

Open a terminal, and type this:
Code: [Select]
set PATH=%PATH%;your_mingw_folder\bin
cmake-gui

I'm just copying-pasting the tutorial.

Bones

• View Profile
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 10:48:29 pm »
I'm just not quite sure how to modify the PATH environment variable.

Open a terminal, and type this:
set PATH=%PATH%;your_mingw_folder\bin
cmake-gui

I'm just copying-pasting the tutorial.

Hm another small issue.  Heh, most of my problems have to do with my infamiliarity with the windows (7) OS.

Anyways, I entered:

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files(x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin
cmake-gui

It says 'cmake-gui' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

The cmake 2.8 folder is in my Program Files(x86) folder.  Thanks for your patience.

Hiura

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
    • Email
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 11:13:36 pm »
You have to add the repository containing the binary cmake-gui (usually it's a subfolder named bin) to PATH too.

Try
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files(x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files(x86)\CMake\bin
cmake-gui

I don't have Win7 so I can't guarantee that this work right out of the box but that's the idea.
SFML / OS X developer

Bones

• View Profile
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 01:17:15 am »
Quote from: "Hiura"
You have to add the repository containing the binary cmake-gui (usually it's a subfolder named bin) to PATH too.

Try
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files(x86)\CodeBlocks\MinGW\bin;C:\Program Files(x86)\CMake\bin
cmake-gui

I don't have Win7 so I can't guarantee that this work right out of the box but that's the idea.

Thanks for the reply but I'm still having the same problem.  I changed CMake\bin to CMake 2.8\bin by the way.

Bones

• View Profile
cmake error with SFML
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2011, 08:19:28 am »
Thanks for your patience guys!  I solved my problem...sort of.  I was only using MinGW as I was unsure if SFML 1.6 was compatible with VS 10 but now since I'm using SFML 2.0 I don't even have to look in to that.  I just built the binaries for vs 10 and I'm using that instead.  Everything worked perfectly.

anything