Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: PySFML and PyPy  (Read 5404 times)

hadege

• View Profile
PySFML and PyPy
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:19:19 am »
Hi,

is there a way to install PySFML into PyPy? I am using Win7-32bit and following the instructions on the PySFMl homepage I am not able to install it successfully.

Sonkun

• View Profile
Re: PySFML and PyPy
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 07:21:12 pm »
You're the first person who reports an installation failure for Win32 platforms. Did you download the right executable, make sure it matches your architecture (32, 64 bits) and the Python version (2.7, 3.2, 3.3). You don't need anything else.
Interested in using SFML with Python ? Try out its Python binding!

hadege

• View Profile
Re: PySFML and PyPy
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 07:56:27 pm »
Using Python 3.2 is no problem, just select the found Python 3.2 environment during install and everything works like a charm.

But I want to use PyPy http://pypy.org/as an interpreter, since it speeds up my whole program a lot. There is no installer for PyPy (just copy and you are done), so during the install of py-SFML I cannot select the PyPy environment.
Looking at the installation section for 3rd party modules there does not help either, since they cover (for windows at least) only installation methods which are non *.exe (so with "pypy setup.py install" or "pip install packagexy").

I tried to compile py-SFML from the source, but there I have absolutely no clue what I am doing  :o

anything