Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: My game project - The Merging  (Read 2627 times)

Azaral

• View Profile
My game project - The Merging
« on: January 31, 2014, 04:51:32 pm »
I had originally typed a big thing here and was going to almost have this thread be like a blog, but then I decided I would just start a blog for it lol.

Here is the first post of that blog. Many will come in rapid succession I think (so long as I keep up with it) while it plays catch up with what has already been done.

http://themerging.blogspot.com/

Azaral

• View Profile
Re: My game project - The Merging
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:14:48 pm »
Added a new post which gives a description of the world and gives some fluff.

Nexus

• SFML Team
  • Thor Developer
    • View Profile
    • Bromeon
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »
Quite unconventional story, but might have some potential ;)

The text is a bit lengthy and sometimes difficult to understand, e.g.
The world has many names, but which is used depends on which world the speaker is from for the world as it stands now is what is left after several were merged together in the event called The Merging.
You should definitely split that, and use more punctuation. Also, the monospaced white font on black background is quite agressive and makes it rather uncomfortable to read longer parts of your blog.

Keep us up-to-date about the game, it will be interesting to see how you implement that story. I probably wouldn't spend too much on the story details for now, because at the beginning of the project one usually doesn't consider many implementation issues that might require different decisions :)
Zloxx II: action platformer
Thor Library: particle systems, animations, dot products, ...
SFML Game Development:

Azaral

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 08:03:47 pm »
Quite unconventional story, but might have some potential ;)

The text is a bit lengthy and sometimes difficult to understand, e.g.
The world has many names, but which is used depends on which world the speaker is from for the world as it stands now is what is left after several were merged together in the event called The Merging.
You should definitely split that, and use more punctuation. Also, the monospaced white font on black background is quite agressive and makes it rather uncomfortable to read longer parts of your blog.

Keep us up-to-date about the game, it will be interesting to see how you implement that story. I probably wouldn't spend too much on the story details for now, because at the beginning of the project one usually doesn't consider many implementation issues that might require different decisions :)

The story is more of a backdrop to flesh out the character and theme of the game than a driving force of things that happen in it. The actual game play will be like playing a warhammer 40k battle, but on computer over the internet instead of a table top.

I also brightened up the background a bit and darkened the text a bit but left the text background black. Does that help at all?

I needed a break from speaking in C++ for a bit. Been working pretty hard on the programming and just needed to focus on another part of the game before burn out occurred.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:17:17 pm by Azaral »

anything