Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Anyone interested in collaboration  (Read 3273 times)

The Illusionist Mirage

• My Life = Linux, C++ & Computers
    • View Profile
    • fleptic
    • Email
Anyone interested in collaboration
« on: September 29, 2013, 07:14:29 pm »
Hello

I am an intermediate C++ user(still have to learn pointers, stacks, queues, some parts of arrays and the STL) but I am interested in making a game as a project in school. So I was wondering If anyone wants to collaborate with me and if we make a game, we'll share it equally(credits, code work, etc). I've already made a Pong clone before and I am NOT a very bad programmer.

So, if anyone wants to develop a project for their school or anywhere, please P.M. me or e-mail me(lostsoulofthegeek[at-the-rate]gmail[dot]com)and we'll discuss it further.

CHEERS! :D  8)

SuperV1234

• SFML Team
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone interested in collaboration
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:05:36 pm »
intermediate C++ user

still have to learn pointers

uhm

The Illusionist Mirage

• View Profile
    • fleptic
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »
I actually meant that I have a few concepts still to learn and master thoroughly. I know already a great deal about pointers but I am not yet smooth using it and at the moment I am just practicing. And after that only stacks, queues and the STL remains.

Klaim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 06:12:48 pm »
Then I suggest you avoid calling yourself intermediate C++ coder until you understand more about what would be expected from one. I'm not saying this to lower your current level, I think you're on a good way to be an expert, but you're not there yet and anyone saying he's expert C++ coder is very suspicious, and anyone saying he's intermediate without being comfortable (or having a sane fear) of pointer would be decredibelised.

With that said, I hope you find a collaborator, I think if you know what you don't know that's a good sign and also you want to make something rather simple but not as simple as a beginner would expect, so it's cool.

The Illusionist Mirage

• View Profile
    • fleptic
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 08:45:35 pm »
@Klaim

Well, I guess absence of real life programmer friends and the lack of good teachers around me has forced me to explicitly ask if someone is willing to work on codes with me. My main motive is to work in a group and hone my skills and that's all. Maybe it's too much to ask from the level in which currently I am but it's worth a try if someone's willing.  :D

But I hope that not implementing dynamic allocation concepts and complex data structures in simple games should prevent me from game programming. I didn't say that I'm afraid of pointers or any concept; I'm just not yet completely done with it and am STILL PRACTICING. A programmer afraid of pointers is as good as a pilot who is afraid of his own plane's engine!(pardon my cold humor). And I also didn't brand myself as an expert or neither am I cocky about my skills.

And yes, already someone has contacted me and agreed to work with me, knowing very well my situation, knowledge and skill level. :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:20:03 pm by The illusionist mirage »

TheBaldPanda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 05:31:58 am »
Don't know if you are still interested, but i'll join!

anything