Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: .  (Read 3936 times)

Helios101

• View Profile
« on: October 27, 2013, 12:26:03 am »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 05:29:44 am by Helios101 »

Ixrec

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Trouble with SFML setup
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:43:01 am »
Are you running the program by double-clicking on the executable or through VS?  I've seen it do weird things with the current directory before.

Screenshots of the folders would be helpful to ensure things really are where you say they are.

Ixrec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:26:12 am »
My guess:

Try SFML Setup > Debug/Release instead of SFML Setup > SFML Setup > Debug/Release.

Notice you don't have any executables in SFML Setup > SFML Setup > Debug/Release.  I'm pretty sure the executables end up in SFML Setup > Debug/Release.

Ixrec

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 02:46:34 am »
Phew, you're welcome.  It's always a relief when it's something that easy.

The project type has nothing to do with SFML.  SFML never creates a console for you; that's Visual Studio.  So yes it would be a very good idea to make a blank project so you can wean yourself from the console.

Any executable that dynamically links to any library must--on Windows--be adjacent to the dlls for that library in the filesystem (or the dlls have to be located in the appropriate system folders), so yes you do have to copy the dlls there for every project.  You also need to distribute the dlls with your executable for anyone else to be able to run the program.  This applies to all dynamically linked libraries; SFML is no exception.

Note that you can statically link SFML with the exception of the external audio libs it uses (openal and sndfile), so that can cut the number dlls down dramatically.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:49:15 am by Ixrec »