Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Undefined references - SFML 2.1 - Code::Blocks  (Read 17935 times)

Kain5056

• View Profile
[SOLVED] Undefined references - SFML 2.1 - Code::Blocks
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:38:56 pm »
SFML 2.0 works absolutely fine with Code::Blocks, but I'm having trouble setting up SFML 2.1. I have followed THIS guide perfectly many times, but when I try to compile the example project, it gives me a long list of undifined references to all sf:: commands. Example:

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x125)||undefined reference to `sf::RenderWindow::RenderWindow(sf::VideoMode, sf::String const&, unsigned int, sf::ContextSettings const&)'|

I have followed the guide PERFECTLY, and tried compiling and re-compiling my project several times, but the problem persists.

Here is my build log:

-------------- Build: Release in Pooman of Poopooland! (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -std=c++11 -std=c++0x -std=c++98 -Wall -ansi -DSFML_STATIC  -O2 -DSFML_STATIC    -IC:\SFML-2.1\include -IC:\SFML-2.1\include -IC:\SDL-1.2.15\include  -c "C:\Documents and Settings\Kain\Επιφάνεια εργασίας\Pooman\Pooman of Poopooland!\main.cpp" -o obj\Release\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\SFML-2.1\lib -LC:\SFML-2.1\lib -LC:\SDL-1.2.15\lib  -o "bin\Release\Pooman of Poopooland!.exe" obj\Release\main.o   -s -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer  -lsfml-graphics-s -lsfml-audio-s -lsfml-window-s -lsfml-system-s -lsfml-graphics-s -lsfml-audio-s -lsfml-window-s -lsfml-system-s
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev[__ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev]+0x2): undefined reference to `vtable for sf::CircleShape'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev[__ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev]+0x9): undefined reference to `vtable for sf::CircleShape'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev[__ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev]+0xe): undefined reference to `sf::Shape::~Shape()'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0xb5): undefined reference to `sf::String::String(char const*, std::locale const&)'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0xec): undefined reference to `sf::VideoMode::VideoMode(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x125): undefined reference to `sf::RenderWindow::RenderWindow(sf::VideoMode, sf::String const&, unsigned int, sf::ContextSettings const&)'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x18e): undefined reference to `sf::CircleShape::CircleShape(float, unsigned int)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x198): undefined reference to `sf::Color::Green'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x1ad): undefined reference to `sf::Shape::setFillColor(sf::Color const&)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x1c5): undefined reference to `sf::Window::isOpen() const'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x1ee): undefined reference to `sf::Window::pollEvent(sf::Event&)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x212): undefined reference to `sf::Window::close()'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x23e): undefined reference to `sf::Color::Color(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x255): undefined reference to `sf::RenderTarget::clear(sf::Color const&)'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x25e): undefined reference to `sf::RenderStates::Default'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x272): undefined reference to `sf::RenderTarget::draw(sf::Drawable const&, sf::RenderStates const&)'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x280): undefined reference to `sf::Window::display()'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2af): undefined reference to `sf::RenderWindow::~RenderWindow()'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x3bf): undefined reference to `sf::RenderWindow::~RenderWindow()'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
19 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 1 seconds)

What am I doing wrong?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:31:40 pm by Kain5056 »

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
Re: Undefined references - SFML 2.1 - Code::Blocks
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 01:46:27 pm »
-DSFML_STATIC  -O2 -DSFML_STATIC
-LC:\SFML-2.1\lib -LC:\SFML-2.1\lib
-lsfml-graphics-s -lsfml-audio-s -lsfml-window-s -lsfml-system-s -lsfml-graphics-s -lsfml-audio-s -lsfml-window-s -lsfml-system-s

Why are all your SFML settings defined twice?
Laurent Gomila - SFML developer

Kain5056

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 02:01:28 pm »
That's because when I copied the log I defined them both globally and in "Release", since that configuration works fine with SFML 2.0 for me so far.

I also tried defining them EXACTLY like in the guide, but it made no difference at all.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 02:04:21 pm »
That's because when I copied the log I defined them both globally and in "Release"
You should never do that.

I also tried defining them EXACTLY like in the guide, but it made no difference at all.
Can you post the new compilation log anyway? Just to be sure ;)

Kain5056

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 02:07:50 pm »
You should never do that.
Noted.  :)

Here's the new Log:

-------------- Build: Release in Pooman of Poopooland! (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -ansi -DSFML_STATIC  -O2    -IC:\SFML-2.1\include -IC:\SDL-1.2.15\include  -c "C:\Documents and Settings\Kain\Επιφάνεια εργασίας\Pooman\Pooman of Poopooland!\main.cpp" -o obj\Release\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\SFML-2.1\lib -LC:\SDL-1.2.15\lib  -o "bin\Release\Pooman of Poopooland!.exe" obj\Release\main.o   -s -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer  -lsfml-graphics-s -lsfml-audio-s -lsfml-window-s -lsfml-system-s
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev[__ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev]+0x2): undefined reference to `vtable for sf::CircleShape'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev[__ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev]+0x9): undefined reference to `vtable for sf::CircleShape'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text$_ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev[__ZN2sf11CircleShapeD1Ev]+0xe): undefined reference to `sf::Shape::~Shape()'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0xb5): undefined reference to `sf::String::String(char const*, std::locale const&)'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0xec): undefined reference to `sf::VideoMode::VideoMode(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x125): undefined reference to `sf::RenderWindow::RenderWindow(sf::VideoMode, sf::String const&, unsigned int, sf::ContextSettings const&)'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x18e): undefined reference to `sf::CircleShape::CircleShape(float, unsigned int)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x198): undefined reference to `sf::Color::Green'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x1ad): undefined reference to `sf::Shape::setFillColor(sf::Color const&)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x1c5): undefined reference to `sf::Window::isOpen() const'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x1ee): undefined reference to `sf::Window::pollEvent(sf::Event&)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x212): undefined reference to `sf::Window::close()'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x23e): undefined reference to `sf::Color::Color(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x255): undefined reference to `sf::RenderTarget::clear(sf::Color const&)'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x25e): undefined reference to `sf::RenderStates::Default'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x272): undefined reference to `sf::RenderTarget::draw(sf::Drawable const&, sf::RenderStates const&)'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x280): undefined reference to `sf::Window::display()'
obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x2af): undefined reference to `sf::RenderWindow::~RenderWindow()'

obj\Release\main.o:main.cpp:(.text.startup+0x3bf): undefined reference to `sf::RenderWindow::~RenderWindow()'
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
19 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 1 seconds)

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 02:38:39 pm »
Which package of SFML 2.1 did you download?

Kain5056

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 03:01:18 pm »
Following the guide, the "GCC 4.7 TDM (SJLJ) - 32 bits" one.

Laurent

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • SFML's website
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 03:04:12 pm »
Ok.

What about your IDE? Code::Blocks 12.11 with default compiler?

Kain5056

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »
Yes. "codeblocks-12.11mingw-setup.exe" freshly installed.
I have also tried "GCC 4.7 MinGW (DW2) - 32 bits" just in case, and it gives me other sorts of undefined references:

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -ansi -DSFML_STATIC  -O2    -IC:\SFML-2.1\include -IC:\SDL-1.2.15\include  -c "C:\Documents and Settings\Kain\Επιφάνεια εργασίας\Pooman\Pooman of Poopooland!\main.cpp" -o obj\Release\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\SFML-2.1\lib -LC:\SDL-1.2.15\lib  -o "bin\Release\Pooman of Poopooland!.exe" obj\Release\main.o   -s -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer  -lsfml-graphics-s -lsfml-audio-s -lsfml-window-s -lsfml-system-s
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(CircleShape.cpp.obj):CircleShape.cpp:(.text+0xdd): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(CircleShape.cpp.obj):CircleShape.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x63): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shape.cpp.obj):Shape.cpp:(.text+0x104): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shape.cpp.obj):Shape.cpp:(.text+0x194): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shape.cpp.obj):Shape.cpp:(.text+0x41a): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shape.cpp.obj):Shape.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x63): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.cpp.obj):RenderWindow.cpp:(.text+0x89): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.cpp.obj):RenderWindow.cpp:(.text+0xd6): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.cpp.obj):RenderWindow.cpp:(.text+0x118): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.cpp.obj):RenderWindow.cpp:(.text+0x187): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.cpp.obj):RenderWindow.cpp:(.text+0x1eb): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.cpp.obj):RenderWindow.cpp:(.text+0x334): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume'
follow
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(RenderWindow.cpp.obj):RenderWindow.cpp:(.eh_frame+0xbb): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(VertexArray.cpp.obj):VertexArray.cpp:(.text+0x122): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(VertexArray.cpp.obj):VertexArray.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x67): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Texture.cpp.obj):Texture.cpp:(.text+0x105): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Texture.cpp.obj):Texture.cpp:(.text+0x15b): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Texture.cpp.obj):Texture.cpp:(.text+0x5a3): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Texture.cpp.obj):Texture.cpp:(.text+0x889): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Texture.cpp.obj):Texture.cpp:(.text+0x9eb): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Texture.cpp.obj):Texture.cpp:(.text+0xb33): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Texture.cpp.obj):Texture.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x5f): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(GLCheck.cpp.obj):GLCheck.cpp:(.text+0x47f): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(GLCheck.cpp.obj):GLCheck.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x6b): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shader.cpp.obj):Shader.cpp:(.text+0x7e5): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shader.cpp.obj):Shader.cpp:(.text+0xaf9): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shader.cpp.obj):Shader.cpp:(.text+0xb0e): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shader.cpp.obj):Shader.cpp:(.text+0xb23): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shader.cpp.obj):Shader.cpp:(.text+0xd73): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shader.cpp.obj):Shader.cpp:(.text+0xec8): more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume'
follow
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shader.cpp.obj):Shader.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x303): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(Shader.cpp.obj):Shader.cpp:(.eh_frame$_ZNSt8_Rb_treeISsSt4pairIKSsiESt10_Select1stIS2_ESt4lessISsESaIS2_EE10_M_insert_EPKSt18_Rb_tree_node_baseSB_RKS2_+0x13): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(ImageLoader.cpp.obj):ImageLoader.cpp:(.text+0x1027b): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(ImageLoader.cpp.obj):ImageLoader.cpp:(.text+0x10577): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-graphics-s.a(ImageLoader.cpp.obj):ImageLoader.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x1a73): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(VideoMode.cpp.obj):VideoMode.cpp:(.text+0x318): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(VideoMode.cpp.obj):VideoMode.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x103): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(Window.cpp.obj):Window.cpp:(.text+0x91): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(Window.cpp.obj):Window.cpp:(.text+0x103): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(Window.cpp.obj):Window.cpp:(.text+0x2fa): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(Window.cpp.obj):Window.cpp:(.text+0x52f): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(Window.cpp.obj):Window.cpp:(.text+0x611): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(Window.cpp.obj):Window.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x73): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(GlResource.cpp.obj):GlResource.cpp:(.text+0x5c): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(GlResource.cpp.obj):GlResource.cpp:(.text+0x9f): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(GlResource.cpp.obj):GlResource.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x3f): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(VideoModeImpl.cpp.obj):VideoModeImpl.cpp:(.text+0x179): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(VideoModeImpl.cpp.obj):VideoModeImpl.cpp:(.eh_frame+0x53): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(GlContext.cpp.obj):GlContext.cpp:(.text+0x22d): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:\SFML-2.1\lib/libsfml-window-s.a(GlContext.cpp.obj):GlContext.cpp:(.text+0x23e): undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 3 seconds)
50 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 3 seconds)

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 04:36:00 pm »
I know it sounds crazy but what happens if you remove C:\SFML-2.1\lib from your linker settings? Post the output of the build if possible.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

Kain5056

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 04:45:08 pm »
I know it sounds crazy but what happens if you remove C:\SFML-2.1\lib from your linker settings? Post the output of the build if possible.

This happens:

mingw32-g++.exe -Wall -ansi -DSFML_STATIC  -O2    -IC:\SFML-2.1\include -IC:\SDL-1.2.15\include  -c "C:\Documents and Settings\Kain\&#917;&#960;&#953;&#966;&#940;&#957;&#949;&#953;&#945; &#949;&#961;&#947;&#945;&#963;&#943;&#945;&#962;\Pooman\Pooman of Poopooland!\main.cpp" -o obj\Release\main.o
mingw32-g++.exe -LC:\SDL-1.2.15\lib  -o "bin\Release\Pooman of Poopooland!.exe" obj\Release\main.o   -s -lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer  -lsfml-graphics-s -lsfml-audio-s -lsfml-window-s -lsfml-system-s
c:/program files/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-graphics-s
c:/program files/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-audio-s
c:/program files/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-window-s
c:/program files/codeblocks/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.7.1/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lsfml-system-s
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
4 errors, 0 warnings (0 minutes, 0 seconds)

binary1248

• SFML Team
  • I am awesome.
    • View Profile
    • The server that really shouldn't be running
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 04:55:29 pm »
Can you upload the libsfml-system-s.a from C:\SFML-2.1\lib somewhere? I'll take a look at it.
SFGUI # SFNUL # GLS # Wyrm <- Why do I waste my time on such a useless project? Because I am awesome (first meaning).

Kain5056

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 05:06:42 pm »
Sure. Here you go:
libsfml-system-s.a

It would be weird if you found anything different, though. The whole folder is just what I downloaded from HERE.

EDIT: OK, this is extremely weird. I re-downloaded it, and now it works fine. Sorry for all of your time that I wasted, I really don't know what happened there.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:11:58 pm by Kain5056 »

Jebbs

• DSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [SOLVED] Undefined references - SFML 2.1 - Code::Blocks
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »
A little off topic, but did anyone else notice the name of the game seems to be Pooman of Poopland?

Nice. 8)
DSFML - SFML for the D Programming Language.