Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: dsfml\system.d cannot be read?  (Read 4593 times)

malkierian

• View Profile
dsfml\system.d cannot be read?
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:43:31 am »
So I get Xamarin up and running with Mono-d, wonderful code lookup and such, get a very basic window coded out (took me a while to realize I didn't need to use the :: anymore and instead needed to use package names directly, and . for struct members), but when I go to compile, I get "Error: module system is in file 'dsfml\system.d' which cannot be read".  I have tried both having the imports set to the folder where the lib files are for DSFML, and having it set to the source files in the git repo I downloaded (not at the same time).  The lib files are listed in the linker.  Looking at the tooltips, it looks like I'm supposed to have it pointed to the lib folder.  But I don't understand why it's giving me this error.  Any ideas?

malkierian

• View Profile
Re: dsfml\system.d cannot be read?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:51:38 am »
Alright, so it looks like the issue is it's looking for the module in dsfml/system.d, but there isn't a file there.  Even though I'm clicking on the dsfml/system/package.d when typing the import statement and the completion window pops up, it's still looking for that system.d file.  However, I see in the OGL3 example on the wiki that I should be able to use that format (import dsfml.system;) and have it work.  So what am I doing wrong?

Jebbs

• DSFML Developer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: dsfml\system.d cannot be read?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 06:19:24 pm »
Since you haven't really used Mono-D before, it's probably just not quite set up correctly.

I was planning on doing a tutorial for Mono-D, and it looks like I can just do that sometime today. :P

Anyways, if we're going by the code found in the build example in DSFML's wiki, then I have my project set up like so:

Add DSFML source to includes area(looks like you did that already though)

Add both static and import DSFML libs

At the bottom of the image above there is also a spot for Extra Linker Options. Use this space to add in your library search linker options. They are separated by spaces since OPTLINK can't handle them at all.

On my work computer I set it up pretty quickly, so my directories are ill named, but the extra linker options for me are "+C:\Users\jdehaan\Downloads\DSFML-master\lib\ +C:\Users\jdehaan\Downloads\DSFML-Bin\DSFML-Bin\"

This compiled the first example for me.

Hope that helps!
DSFML - SFML for the D Programming Language.