Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Roller coaster simulator  (Read 6162 times)

Jallen

• View Profile
Roller coaster simulator
« on: July 04, 2009, 11:18:39 am »
I hadn't even thought to post it on the SFML forums, but I just realised, after making it a few weeks ago for my final computing project that you guys might like it.

YOUTUBE VIDEO OF IT BEING USED

Hope you like it :D

K-Bal

• View Profile
    • pencilcase.bandcamp.com
    • Email
Roller coaster simulator
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 11:59:15 am »
Looks great!

How did you do the GUI stuff? Is it really a GUI system or just hardcoded stuff?
Listen to my band: pencilcase.bandcamp.com

Jallen

• View Profile
Roller coaster simulator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 12:43:12 pm »
The buttons are bordered rectangles which check if the mouse is in their boundaries every time the mouse is down.

When you set up a button you give a top left vector, a bottom right vector, text for the button to display and a function pointer which the button will call if it is clicked.

I don't know what you mean by "Is it really a GUI system or just hardcoded stuff?" but the GUI_Manager, Button and Label classes could be used with any other SFML project just by copying the files and passing them the correct data when constructing them.

Sloped

• View Profile
Re: Roller coaster simulator
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:12:32 am »
Saw this on Facepunch, heh. So what library (if any) are you using to manage your physics?

By the way the interface is really simple and seems to work very well for this kind of project, nice job.

Op, saw the end of the video, great job on your physics.

csiz

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - calinutzu92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Roller coaster simulator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 02:52:53 pm »
can you upload it somewhere so we can play with it? :D

ps it looks nice
My new webpage calinmocanu

Sloped

• View Profile
Roller coaster simulator
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 06:11:45 pm »
Quote from: "Jallen"

I don't know what you mean by "Is it really a GUI system or just hardcoded stuff?" but the GUI_Manager, Button and Label classes could be used with any other SFML project just by copying the files and passing them the correct data when constructing them.

By Gui System or Hardcoded he wanted to know if all of the gui objects and what not were put in your simulation in such a way that they could not be moved to another project easily or if they could.

Hardcoded = Can't move from project unless into the same exact conditions;
Gui System = Dynamic, can be used independently (with the right dependencies of course)

anything