Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Various Projects  (Read 2147 times)

Xevlin

• View Profile
Various Projects
« on: December 22, 2013, 04:54:07 pm »
Hi, I made this thread to thank Laurent for making SFML and his tutorials and the SFML Game Development book for help with splitting my game to be more object oriented. These are the larger project's I've been working on with SFML.

Sidescroller

Sidescroller mostly has features now. There are two entities, a simple particle system(thanks http://www.sfml-dev.org/tutorials/2.1/graphics-vertex-array.php), player-entity collision, map switching, a health bar, player death, map loading from file formats, a map editor in java, a splash screen, and a main menu. I plan to add a level selection menu soon.

Pong

Pong has several levels, loads and saves the top 5 highscores to a file, and has smooth collision detection between the ball and walls or the paddle.

Quadtree

This is a quadtree example I've worked on shortly. The boxes still don't switch trees.

I've never made an account anywhere to ask programming questions, but I wanted to make this one to say thanks to you guys for all the tutorials and answers to other people's questions.